Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
not seen them in scotland thought it was just in the wilderness up in the mountain forests that got them, the link shows the whole of scotland can be affected is that correct.

we have a lot of gnats/midges/mossies [insect type]down here by the thames in surrey but they never bite, why do they bite in scotland?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we have a lot of gnats/midges/mossies [insect type]down here by the thames in surrey but they never bite, why do they bite in scotland?

think scotish midgies only bite the english, maybe eating haggis is what puts them off or something :)

i'm hoping it's drinking irn bru, and the little buggers will leave me alone if we make it to scotland this year.

for english midgies, they seem to prefer sam more than me, another plus for going out with a ginger haired lass :shout:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Order of battle.

Level 1 = Gentlemen, start your engines

Level 2 = On the runway and scouts airborne

Level 3 = Airborne and occasional sorties

Level 4 = ATTACK

Level 5 = Take no prisoners

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
the last time i had trouble with insect bites was in grand anse in grenada. when we started the holiday the room had clean white walls, but on returning each evening i would hunt down any in the room squashing then on the walls leaving the walls a mass of red spots by the end of the holiday. These ones only attacked at night mainly while we slept.

never had trouble with insect bites in europe but not been to scotland in the middle of summer, surprised they all don't drown with all the rain up there. Do they bite the locals.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It's only the pregnant females that bite..........there's a moral there somewhere. :Eeek:

so as long as you avoid the bright blue ones, the orange ones are safe....:thumb:

how do you tell the difference before they bite you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and dont say they have a big belly...:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back