Europe Campsites with GPS (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Im looking for any good websites (apart from ACSI), listing campsites throughout all european countries, preferably listing gps co-ordinates.

Any recommendations folks?

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Link Removed

Link Removed

google's your friend::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Link Removed

This gives lots of sites in Portugal with loads of information on them.

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Up to now Link Removed seem pretty well detailed.

This Link Removed was once a good one which i used last year as it covered the whole of europe.....but for some strange reason most of the sites indicated have disappeared. It used to show little vans which you then clicked on to open the the location detail.

Main areas i'm looking for are Germany, Austria, Czech, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Have a look at this one

Regards

ps
ummmm! just been browsing this site def one for my favorites, if you find campsite by map overview, you can change to satelite view , click on campsite for info.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Crazy Keith

Deleted User
:winky:Try AireCampingCar.com for France. PACA for Spain.

A good start is to enter Motorhome stopovers into google, that gave me pACA for Spain

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Have a look at this one

Regards

ps
ummmm! just been browsing this site def one for my favorites, if you find campsite by map overview, you can change to satelite view , click on campsite for info.
Yes.........looks a good 'un. Very similar 'set up' to that Polish based site which used to have little van symbols on to indicate sites.

Evav

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
Exp
4 yrs
I am always travelling with Archie's POIs: Link Removed

There you'll find several databases to download, as well as a link to another page, Link Removed

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I am always travelling with Archie's POIs: Link Removed

There you'll find several databases to download, as well as a link to another page, Link Removed
Tried the full europe download but the file is corrupt!

But exactly what does it give anyway? Just POI's? Because that and "extra info" are the only icons available. The "camping" icon doesn't do anything!

Evav

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
Exp
4 yrs
Tried the full europe download but the file is corrupt!

But exactly what does it give anyway? Just POI's? Because that and "extra info" are the only icons available. The "camping" icon doesn't do anything!

Hi, Bulletguy,

If you go to download page (from Archie's page) Link Removed and you press "Download POIs" you get a file you should install on a GPS.

For instance, you get archies_europe.zip file. After unzipping (it is not corrupted), you get several folders, depending on which is your GPS. I've got a TomTom, so I'd be interested in TOMTOM-ov2_Archie_vs_01-04-09 folder. In that folder there are 2 files (for instance archies_europe-n.bmp and archies_europe-n.ov2), which I would copy into my map folder, from my TomTom.

So then, by using TomTom, I could navigate to these POIs, looking for a campingsite nearby the current position, o close to a particular city, for example.

If you'd like it, you could examine these POIs on your PC by downloading a free program, POIEdit, which would allow you to edit the archies_europe-n.ov2 file and look at the content, which is something like:
Blarney Park - Blarney (01/04-31/10) 51,9475 -8,547
(so you'll only see the camping site name, city, and coordinates, and you can also see where is it located, on a map)

The real interest of these POIS is to use them with a GPS.

In case you preferred a human readable listing, then from Link Removed you would select button "extra info" instead of downloading POIs, so you be forwarded to another page, Link Removed , where you would further select.

For example, by pressing the Great Britain flag, and afterwards the motorway icon, you would be then in Link Removed
Here you could select one of the motorways, and you would obtain a listing with all camping sites not further than 15 km. from a motorway exit.

I find this listing particularly interesting when I am crossing Europe, en route.
If you have a GPS you can download the corresponding "Eurpean highways" POI file from Link Removed , and you could query your GPS about camping sites not further than 15 km. from any motorway exit, either close to your current position, or close to a certain city, or en route to certain city.
As you see, you'll also find other categories, such as "camping cheque" or "ACSI" campings.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi Evav

perhaps not quite what Bulletguy is looking for ;but still an interesting site, part of the poi download includes google satelite view with pushpins and campsite names

You can zoom in and see the layout of the campsite and its surroundings before you go there.Also so far the pushpins seem to be fairly accurate in their locations, unlike some i've downloaded

Regards

Evav

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
Exp
4 yrs
Hi sinbad1,

I had never noticed before the folder included in the download, called "Just a nice Archie- tool for Google Earth_vs_01-04-09", which contains the file "archies_europe.kml", which offers the Google satellite views with pushpins you mention in your post.

Thanks for the discovery, I find it really nice to play around !! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back