Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi there
this might sound like a daft question but i have a eldiss autostratus 2.5 non turbo engine can a turbo be fitted to this.
man thanks.
john:Doh:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
unlikely John, I think the 2.5 was turbo'd from the factory.. but this may have neccesitated crank strength and cam timing issues, etc , fuel pump change, injector change..

I am willing to be put wrong on this though :) my speciality is the simple old 1.9 psa XUD turbo

Another John

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madozz

Free Member
Feb 18, 2009
widnes
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 week
hi there
this might sound like a daft question but i have a eldiss autostratus 2.5 non turbo engine can a turbo be fitted to this.
man thanks.
john:Doh:
many thanks.
is there any way to increase the power on this engine then as i find i have trouble on some hills.
best regards
john:thumb:

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
It can be done BUT, You'll need the turbo ecu, injectors,exhaust + turbo manifold, And the big one....lower compression, Which in most case's requires machining of the pistons. And while your at it you might as well replace the rings,big end bearings and main bearings. And dont forget the full gasket set.........:Eeek:

Its cheaper to find a complete turbo engine and replace the lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hiya John,

Your luckier than me, my advice would be to change the engine & box completely.
I could have bought a 2.5TD complete donor vehicle the other day for 500, but mine beening the older model to yours I never had the gearbox :Eeek: but it would have fitted straight in yours with no modifications :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back