Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi all,
We delivered our fifth wheel successfully yesterday to its new owner. On the way home we called into different dealers, as you know we were looking for a B+. Well, we ended up putting a deposit on 26A Winnebago petrol. This will be our first petrol vehicle in 30 years. We will put an LPG conversion on it shortly. Must say the Dealers we bought it from, any questions asked,:Cool::Cool::thumb: we were given honest answers unlike some of the dreamers at Newbury last Saturday. We will use this for a few long weekends then will take it to Portugal in October for a month, now the big one, I used to travel around Morrocco in the late 60's & I bet its changed a lot now (no McDonalds in those days!) I'll be interested to hear any views on traveling in Morrocco, & thanks for the help with B+ guidance.:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I used to travel around Morrocco in the late 60's & I bet its changed a lot now (no McDonalds in those days!) I'll be interested to hear any views on traveling in Morrocco,

I don't think it has changed that much, just a lot more tourists and motorhomes, it's still like Biblical times, lots of poor folk with hardly a crust.. there may be Mac Ds in the cities but I doubt many Moroccans can afford to patronise.

It's a great place to visit, if you like adventure and don't mind (very) basic camp sites. The scenery is nothing less than stunning, the people friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate going back but next time with one or two other motorhomes rather than with a tour but that demands more planning and research..

It's a large country, a three or four week trip can only give you a taster.. two to three months would be great.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Well done Clive andf Rhian :thumb: so pleased it all went well for you ::bigsmile:
can't wait to see the new one, when is the delivery ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,First problem you will have is no LPG,second problem is petrol is very expensive compered to derv.After that Morroc is still cheap especialy for uswhat with the high price of the euro.Most of the wild camping that used to be alowed years ago has now been stopped,but campsites are still cheap even if very basic.The Morrocans are bringing the campings up to scratch slowly.As far as the country goes its changed very little outside the main cities like Agadir.The further south you travel the cheaper the derv is,especialy when you enter western saharah.We have always traveled freelance out there as oposed to organised trips.We never had a problem and felt safer than we did in europe.Once you recover from the culture shock of Tanger you will be fine.Regards,Dave.

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Congratulations on the purchase. So come on then, who did you buy it from?

It was Signature formerly Westcroft & this was only our experience, mind, but still you have to speak as you find.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Well done Clive andf Rhian :thumb: so pleased it all went well for you ::bigsmile:
can't wait to see the new one, when is the delivery ?
Hopefully quite soon & thanks Eileen for giving us the opportunity to say what a lovely campsite Cwmcuttan is & thanks to you & Mark for all the help you've given us.:Smile:

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
I don't think it has changed that much, just a lot more tourists and motorhomes, it's still like Biblical times, lots of poor folk with hardly a crust.. there may be Mac Ds in the cities but I doubt many Moroccans can afford to patronise.

It's a great place to visit, if you like adventure and don't mind (very) basic camp sites. The scenery is nothing less than stunning, the people friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate going back but next time with one or two other motorhomes rather than with a tour but that demands more planning and research..

It's a large country, a three or four week trip can only give you a taster.. two to three months would be great.. :thumb:
Thanks for the advice Jim, I agree with you with the 2 or 3 possibly 4 because driving to too tight a schedule may be a bit regimental but its nice to have company on a trip like this. How are the roads around Zagorra these days as thats where the tarmac used to stop. Anything south like Mhamed & the dunes was only 4 wheel drive territory, hopefully Timbuctoo still is. We hope to find out in 2010.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back