How do you reserve your space? (1 Viewer)

M

matt & karena

Deleted User
Sorry newbie to Motorhomes, if you go off site how do you reserve your pitch? :Sad:

Is there a company that we can buy signs to reserve our spot? :thumb:

Many thanks in advance

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Little signs don't really work, you are better off leaving your mat, chairs, satellite dish if you have a free standing one, and your electric cable out, these will protect your space far better than a little sign.

Leaving them will also mean you aren't having to pack everything away as well.

Ginny

chas

Free Member
Nov 24, 2007
west midlands
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
32 long years !
Little signs don't really work, you are better off leaving your mat, chairs, satellite dish if you have a free standing one, and your electric cable out, these will protect your space far better than a little sign.

Ginny

A lot depends on the site you are on, you could come back to find the lot missing :Eeek:

I use a sign with the shape of a motorhome ( got it off MMM) with registration number on it. They are still made , about ÂŁ7 I think. Or you could make your own .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I wouldn't leave your satellite or anything valuable on view. Some nice fellow camper took my EHU lead at one site and left a shorter one with a bit of the plug missing. The kids plugged it in when we came back, and put it away at the end of the weekend - I didn't notice till next time I wanted to use it and it wasn't long enough, so I looked more closely at it and realised it wasn't mine.

If you have a freestanding awning or utility tent, leave your stuff in that, or leave a windbreak up. If not then take pot luck - does it really matter if you have a different pitch the second night? Many sites have designated pitches anyway so they won't put anyone else on "your" pitch.

May 22, 2008
Funster No
The great thing about a motorhome is that if you drive off a site you don't have to come back as your world is with you, its called touring ,that's my opinion anyway. ::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Can't understand why anyone would be bothered about coming back to a different spot, but then we have never used a site, ever. We wildcamp and have a different spot every night anyway.
However I would have thought that sites have allocated pitches so it would be reserved in any case. whatever you leave behind is liable to be picked up by someone else.

Quote :-
Some nice fellow camper took my EHU lead at one site and left a shorter one with a bit of the plug missing. The kids plugged it in when we came back, and put it away at the end of the weekend - I didn't notice till next time I wanted to use it and it wasn't long enough, so I looked more closely at it and realised it wasn't mine.

are you certain the kids did not just plug the wrong lead in, in which case you were on the adjacent pitches hook up. could easily have been down to them. I don't see why anyone would bother leaving you a different lead.

skylark_irl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
I don't see why anyone would bother leaving you a different lead.

Roger,

Given the cost of the EHU lead - I can imagine why some people might swap leads - particularly if their lead is broken.

However, this is something I normally never think about - and just hope that the poeple on sites are honest. Might think twice now!

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years

Ginny

Do you drape your towels over the chairs then mein herr? :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Quote :-
Some nice fellow camper took my EHU lead at one site and left a shorter one with a bit of the plug missing. The kids plugged it in when we came back, and put it away at the end of the weekend - I didn't notice till next time I wanted to use it and it wasn't long enough, so I looked more closely at it and realised it wasn't mine.

are you certain the kids did not just plug the wrong lead in, in which case you were on the adjacent pitches hook up. could easily have been down to them. I don't see why anyone would bother leaving you a different lead.

Positive, it was October and site was quiet - a friend was non-electric on the adjacent pitch and other EHU posts were a distance away. My kids couldn't plug the wrong lead in as there was only one there, and they wouldn't have unplugged someone else's EHU to plug ours in anyway, would they.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Sorry newbie to Motorhomes, if you go off site how do you reserve your pitch? :Sad:

Is there a company that we can buy signs to reserve our spot? :thumb:

Many thanks in advance

Hi, Matt & Karina, welcome to the fun site, you can get the little "motorhome shaped site stick-in-the-ground thingys" off ebay. Just look in caravan&motorhome categary.
Hope this helps, cheers, Dave:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Ginny

leaving them out also means theres a good chance they wont be there when you return either.:Doh:
better off with a couple of wooden pegs amd some striped plastic tape like around roadworks etc.

takes up very little space and weighs nowt.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
better off with a couple of wooden pegs amd some striped plastic tape like around roadworks etc.

Bet you'd come back to find a builders van parked in the tape,

maybe some 'police crime scene, do not cross' tape would be better :RollEyes:

i used to have a 'reserved' numberplate on a stick for my last van, at the stratford show i put in in the middle of my space and went out in the van, came back to find someone parked over the sign, they reversed so i could get my sign back but wouldent give me my space back... says he didnt see it, maybe i should have put a stinger strip down too :shout:

That marker went walkabout at a VW rally, someone else obviousely thought it was a good way to mark their pitch, so nicked it,

i made up a wooden sign with my reg number routed in it, and that went walk about from a campsite in deep southern germany, prolly someones souvineer that they'd seen english people :whatthe:

Nowadays i leave.... the motorhome as the pitch marker, and go out on the scooter, 90mpg instead of 24, park it anywhere, nip thru traffic,
but we get wet when it rains and have to put on our amoured jackets, helmets and gloves every time we want to go out,
hence i want to take me smart car with us instead, will have to settle for 75mpg, but at least the dog and rats can come with us, and we wont get wet, and can drive it naked if we wanted... well maybe not, someone would moan about that :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back