winter on the med (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Any soloers out there planning a trip to France, Spain and Portugal ?
I'm hoping to go in October till easter, maybe even sooner, depending on my current gigs here.
I was supposed to be going last year but my bus turned out to be too unreliable so got me an RV now and I didn't have anyone to go with:cry:
I work as a DJ and performer ( I do a drag act) so youde need to be quite open minded.

Oh and as I work every weekend so cant attened meets (thought I did go to the one in southport but only briefly met a couple) how can I get the password....ehem....JIM......

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Since there are big numbers of Brits in Souther Spain ( mainly I think, coz that's the only warm bit in the winter ) you could be on a nice little earner entertaining them. Cheap camping :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Wynnie

I remember meeting you at York a couple of years ago, I will sort the password out for you. I have seen a couple of YouTubes of your act and i agree you could earn some money down south:Smile:. I had a friend (he died) that went to Spain 12 years ago just for the skydiving. He was dirt poor, all he had to his name was a parachute and old caravan and a karaoke machine. He started off doing the odd gig at caravan sites on the Costa Brava just to pay for food and skydives, even though he couldn't sing for toffee, pretty soon he was loaded, working 200 nights a year all over Spain:Eeek:, all at campsites.

Best of luck mate, i wouldn't worry about going with anyone, you WILL meet people on your travels who may or may not accompany you on different legs of your journey. :thumb:

Any soloers out there planning a trip to France, Spain and Portugal ?
I'm hoping to go in October till easter, maybe even sooner, depending on my current gigs here.
I was supposed to be going last year but my bus turned out to be too unreliable so got me an RV now and I didn't have anyone to go with:cry:
I work as a DJ and performer ( I do a drag act) so youde need to be quite open minded.

Oh and as I work every weekend so cant attened meets (thought I did go to the one in southport but only briefly met a couple) how can I get the password....ehem....JIM......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hey mate, I spent 18 months touring around portugal,spain and france gigging (I use to be an impressionist singer)

I had no problem finding friends on sites and on route, I think people warm to you more when your on your own :thumb:

Drag act? cool! I use to do a lilly savage night for stag/hen nights................it was soooooooooo much fun!::bigsmile:

My career ended 9yrs ago after an accident when I lost 85% of my hearing...............I still miss it to bits and envy you dude.:winky:

Just go for it guy..............you will get friends and get as much money as you are willing to work for. I serviced 20 holiday camps a month there at £180 per gig (do the math)

Have fun

Boo

p.s give me 14 years (when I retire) and I will come with ya

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hey BOO
thats all music to my ears...well ear, I'm also deaf, well 60% its a bugger at times hearing hecklers. Just getting me mad dog his passport so could well be off in 6 weeks, all I need is one gig a week to pay me petrol to move on so surely as you say there will be gigs there even in winter, just have to do a lighter shade of blue for the older folk....cant wait.
My trip could even be filmed, sorta The REAL Priscilla queen of the dessert, just trying to get a production company to take an interest or it might just go on youtube...watch this space.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hey BOO
thats all music to my ears...well ear, I'm also deaf, well 60% its a bugger at times hearing hecklers. Just getting me mad dog his passport so could well be off in 6 weeks, all I need is one gig a week to pay me petrol to move on so surely as you say there will be gigs there even in winter, just have to do a lighter shade of blue for the older folk....cant wait.
My trip could even be filmed, sorta The REAL Priscilla queen of the dessert, just trying to get a production company to take an interest or it might just go on youtube...watch this space.

Keep us updated mate :thumb:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,Have wintered in Benidorm for several years,lots of singles on camping La Torreta,5 mins walk to bar area.Loads of work for DJs drag acts,entertainers.Best part of Benidorm is its open all winter,its busy,winter weather is OK,and apart from having to pay a premium for camping its still cheap,food,beer,etc.I dont think you will have a problem if you are outgoing.Go for it.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Go for it Wyn, but do remember most entertainment is booked the previous season, so make sure you can last a bit without work, or make some bookings before you go.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs, I wish I could come with you. You sound a lot of fun....:Smile: Maybe next year...:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back