LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Fellow snowbirds - we would like to spend a good portion of November and December in the Costa Blanca area of Spain. Basing ourselves around Calp, Altea or somewhere between there and Moraira, or up as far as Denia. Our reasons for wanting to be around that area is so we can take some good long cycling trips in land to Castell de Castells, Guadalest, and a few places I have fort ton the names of, routes which I used to cycle many years ago. Legs willing we hope to come away a good deal fitter than we are now.

Counter productive to the above - I would also like a good site on the coast, preferably where they may be a few Funsters staying to enjoy a good
Christmas and New Years knees up.

I realise I may be booking a site a bit late for the Christmas period but believe me, this is forward planning for me!!

Any suggestions or recommendations will be gratefully received.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Counter productive to the above - I would also like a good site on the coast, preferably where they may be a few Funsters staying to enjoy a good
Christmas and New Years knees up.

Look no further than Benidorm where there will be Funsters a'plenty celebrating the festive season.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Try El Raco. Benidorm Loads of small bars cafes opposite. Campsite has good restaurant

steve & ann. ..........teensvan

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Which site Brain - Villasol?

Yes,we hope to be at Villasol, Sandra. There will be Funsters on both the El Raco and La Torreta sites as well. Once we arrive in Benidorm we will try to keep others updated on pitch availability.
Brian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds good. I think the sites in Beni will be too central for us as a main winter base, don't fancy cycling out through the busy streets all the time, but we could stay out at Calp and then just book a few days to cover Christmas and New Year on which ever Beni site folks are on.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
is the hurcules campsite still open in villa joyosa,that used to be pet friendly and fairly quite

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Didn't someone put up a thread a little while ago about a new aire in Calp. I have done a search but not finding it, may be I imagined it.

That may well be Odissea Camper Park Sandra. I believe that there is now another aire near to it.
Brisey.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just booked the ferry today, we are leaving a currently Wet Windy West Wales on the 1st October heading for Villasol, via Calais, Vendome, Oloron Sainte-marie, Somport Tunnel, Segorbe and then Beni hope to be there on the 5th, we will post the pitch situation when we arrive .:cooler:
See you all there (y)
Cheers

Be very careful.!!!! The wife fly's out on that day and may be hanging around the bars !!!!!! After a month there with the grandkids she has to go back for here adults only fix of bars, booze and buffets....

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Be very careful.!!!! The wife fly's out on that day and may be hanging around the bars !!!!!! After a month there with the grandkids she has to go back for here adults only fix of bars, booze and buffets....
Will she be wearing her Baggies shirt? ;) and which bars should I avoid? not that I spend very much time in the bars :whistle:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hercules closed in 2003 but I think a site has reopened on the same area.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We were intending to go to Benidorm for Christmas and New Year, my daughter, son in law and 2 year old grandson fancy having a Christmas away somewhere warm, they do not have a Motorhome, but don't think Benidorm , either hotel or caravan rental would be suitable, anybody got any ideas, don't mind flying somewhere or being persuaded that Benidorm would be suitable.

Cheers Simon

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Normally visit either autumn or spring (from Easter) just looked at Temp average Dec and its 13 deg? Rather be at home to be honest:)

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are looking at Jan/Feb for 3 months or so. Last year we went in March and had some marvellous weather so thought we would try a bit earlier next year. Thinking of the Benidorm area unless there is a meet somewhere else.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Looks good - tell me can you use your wind out awning on these types of Aires?
not really .plus they park so close its like being in a super market car park.
but try it and see. you never know you might like it .

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
OH has melanoma so we really need the shade. Beginning to wonder if Spain is for us.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could try asturia and cantarbria . even galicia . but in winter galicia can be windy and stormy .
we used to do that very north coast alot in winter surfing . short days , not that hot . you could try barcelona down on the med . maybe miss barcelons start at sitgers or tarragona . think it would suit.
there are quieter places up there and awnings dont cause as much problems . its also quite nice .

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Normally visit either autumn or spring (from Easter) just looked at Temp average Dec and its 13 deg? Rather be at home to be honest:)

We've only been overwintering for a few years now but the actual figure does not tell the whole story. If you like it very hot then it won't happen in winter. Most nights are cold enough to need heating after dark but, during the day, the temperature warms up to a very pleasant 18 to 20 odd degrees most days. More importantly, most days it is sunny and DRY. No long gloomy grey days, no long periods of incessant cold rain. The sun can be very cheering and the warmth good for older bones ! There is very seldom a day when you can't do what you wanted to do because it is too cold/ wet/ miserable, as happens very often in a UK winter. Even the cold after dark is not the bone chilling stuff of UK winters though we do take gloves and scarves.

Be aware though that the wind blows suddenly and strongly in parts of Spain. Come prepared with guy ropes and good pegs if you intend to put out a carpet or anything else and don't be tempted to leave your awning out when you are not actually sitting under it. Even chairs and tables can get tossed about like leaves and cause quite a bit of damage when they hit other vans...

Jun 16, 2015
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Full time
We are in calpemare at the mo enjoying the sun going a bit more South on Thursday can anyone recommend a nice site with a pool looking at Los mad riles in the acsi any one been there !!?? Would be greatfull for any info

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back