belgium hook ups ?? (1 Viewer)

N

Naughty Nigel

Deleted User
Hi all just a quick query from a newby off over the water for the first time in a couple of weeks. We plan to use electric hook ups in Belgium (Kemmel near Ypres) and which do we need for the hook up a plug or a socket as I type this logic tells me it must be a plug for safety reasons, If anyone has visited this site feedback would be apreciated.
Naughty Nigel

Jan 22, 2009
banbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
stayed there last year think its the blue plug but if you take the euro plug to 3 pin blue adapter no problems, visit the museums in Ypres for a list of places to go in the area. there is a dial a bus service into Ypres, but the last bus back is 1930 no good for watching the last post at the menin gate, either get the bus in and taxi back(25euro) or drive in

Last edited:

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
yeeps!

Hi there,
rather surprised that campsite is so far from Menin gate, heading that way ourselves in June and as I have mobility problems, I had hoped to find a campsite close to the meningate.
Would be interested in finding out about your experiences, or in fact from anyone else who has been to this area.:cry:
Regards, John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Ieeper site

Hi Wejohnw

The camping municipal at Ieper is a small site being developed, with (when we wtayed ) about 20 touring pitches of which about half were hardstanding. It has all the usual facilities and 16 amp ehu, on CEE plugs/sockets.

It is about 10 minutes walking, roadside pavement, good surface, to the Menin Gate, with the town just beyond. The nightly service provided by the local fire service band is very moving.

Now, the site address is:

Camping Jeugdstadion

Leopold 111

Laan 16,

B-8900

Ieper (West Flanders)

Tel no: 057 21 72 82

E-mail info@jeugdstadion.be

I would suggest , due to its size, that you make an advance booking, we were there in March 07, and at that time of the year the site was about half full, in June I would expect it to be very popular.

We hope this is of use to you, and do enjoy your trip.

Nomadic

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
John

Ypres has an excellent site just 10 minutes from the Menin Gate.

Link Removed

If you are going in June I would recommend booking. The site receptionists speak excellent English.

If you cannot get in, there is an excellent CL type site for about 4 vans just before the village of Geluveld. As you leave Ypres on the N8 towards Menen, go past Bellewaerde Park and turn left onto Oude Kortrijkstraat. After 1/2 mile the site is on the right through a farm entrance. 5 Euros per night inc hook up and water/toilet dump.

We have parked for the night in Ypres in Hoornwerk. It is the immediate left turn before you go through the Menin Gate and is a no-through road with plenty of layby space. 5 mins walk to the Menin Gate on paved level ground.

Pat

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Menin

Hi Folks,
Thank you to you both for this assistance. We know the exact dates we will be there so me thinks we will book just to be sure.
Many thanks once again.
Regards, Wee John
::bigsmile:

OP
OP
N

Naughty Nigel

Deleted User
Ypres camping

Hi all we are back now and the site ten minutes from the Menin Gate was ok though we were not on hardstanding and had a job getting off the pitch after heavy rain. A very pleasant walk into Ypres with one path through a nature reserve.Site fees were exceptionally reasonable.

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Hi all we are back now and the site ten minutes from the Menin Gate was ok though we were not on hardstanding and had a job getting off the pitch after heavy rain. A very pleasant walk into Ypres with one path through a nature reserve.Site fees were exceptionally reasonable.

Thought I would ressurect this thread as we are at present on the Jeugdstadion site. I am pleasently surprised at how nice it is, very tidy, very reasonable fees (12 euro for 2 nights, motorhome + 2 people, incl hookup) free wifi, easy 10 minute walk to Menin Gate.

What more do you need? Ideal for the WW1 trip.

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
:ROFLMAO:

I did a search on here for the site and that is what came up.

::bigsmile:

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Anyone have gps co-ordinates for Dunkirk Memorial ?

I have to take a picture of my uncles name for my mum who has never seen it, and not likely to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back