LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We were in Derbyshire on a C & CC and the ground was described by the Sherpa as having a slight slope.

Anyhow, after trying three pitches we ended up on the edge of the 4 level Milenco blocks supported by wooden blocks, it was barely level.

Any tips as to how far you would go to level it out, is there any other ideas as to how to get level, I am not thinking about expensive levelling systems.

Do campsite owners need to do more?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I would think if you are still not level after that the owners need to do a bit more it's getting a bit dodgy when you are putting levellers on top of wood blocks. H & S methinks.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We stayed on a couple of CL's in Dorset where I struggled to get level - at one I found if I parked at a jaunty angle I could get level - probably not an option on a Club Site though. We need to be level as one of us cant sleep unless the bed is dead level.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We were in Derbyshire on a C & CC and the ground was described by the Sherpa as having a slight slope.

Anyhow, after trying three pitches we ended up on the edge of the 4 level Milenco blocks supported by wooden blocks, it was barely level.

Any tips as to how far you would go to level it out, is there any other ideas as to how to get level, I am not thinking about expensive levelling systems.

Do campsite owners need to do more?
This is the worst one we have ever come across.

Llanystumdwy Camping and Caravanning Club Site

site.jpg

Its like pitching on the side of Everest.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We've been on a few like that. The one we're on in Jersey now we're up on the top of our milenco quads.
Makes stepping out of the Van hazardous. And we're still not completely level.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I think most pitches are designed with caravans in mind where levelling (especially if you can swing the van) isn't really an issue.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
My van generally requires lifting at the front even on level ground. If the pitch is really way off level it's sometimes beneficial for me to turn the van around. Downside, (my van has a rear lounge) my view may sometimes be compromised.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I don't bother with levelling most of the time.

I don't really see the point.

If ours aint levelish... The shower becomes a mare to drain.. Even with two plug holes... As does drainage of sinks etc... And cooking too...

However... Each to their own:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I forgot the ramps once. Bit of head scratching I must admit, but in the end I just drove onto the wife for the night. Wives can be very handy when motorhoming. (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
a Rapido Funster not quite getting it right ;)

Broken Link Removed

It is level enough for him......... nobody had the heart to tell him the blocks were on the wrong side, poor little lamb...;)

Reactions: GJH

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've seen the Cloggies, (our very good friends from the Netherlands) dig holes in pitches in Spain in order to drop the wheel to make the unit sit level.
Can't imagine what the Warders, sorry Site Managers at a Club site would say.:mad:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We like to be a titchy tad higher at the back end when we park up (the head of the bed end)

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
I've seen the Cloggies, (our very good friends from the Netherlands) dig holes in pitches in Spain in order to drop the wheel to make the unit sit level.
Can't imagine what the Warders, sorry Site Managers at a Club site would say.:mad:

Were currently at a C&CC site. The pitches are newly and thickly gravelled. We didn' t want to get the blocks out but don't sleep well if clinging to the edge of the bed so we made a long slope of gravel in front of each wheel, put the slip mats over it to smooth it a bit and drove onto the slope. Works a treat and the wardens have not said a word.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I like level.. but not a stickler.. can live with a bit off level and wouldn't bother for one night... but

when not level.. shower doesn't drain, fridge and toilet doors either fall open or closed, also hate a sloping cooker hob.. pans slide, and oil runs to one side of the frying pan..

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
ShiftZZ – Do campsite owners need to do more?

Yes, they should do more to get sites level but why would they bother when no body complains?

Name and shame!

We had trouble getting level on this site -

Blocks A.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back