Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I hope to go fulltime in the next 4 to 6 weeks I will stay in England for a while then head over the water I am looking at German Motohomes at the moment I do like the Eura Mobil Activa 690HB 2.8 Tag Axle and the Burstner Elegance range has any one got one of the above and any tips on what to look out for on used models I have around 30 to 35k budget Im hoping to get a 2003 model .

Thx in adv for any tips

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
then head over the water Thx in adv for any tips

Good luck but do investigate EU costs, pretty scary now. We saw French petrol at €1.38. We picked things off supermarket shelves, blinked, and put them back sharpish. We were hungry and did pay nearly £9 for a simple BBQed chicken.

It's not good being the poor of Europe.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Good luck but do investigate EU costs, pretty scary now. We saw French petrol at €1.38. We picked things off supermarket shelves, blinked, and put them back sharpish. We were hungry and did pay nearly £9 for a simple BBQed chicken.

It's not good being the poor of Europe.

I agree the exchange rate is so poor at the moment but Im sure it will get better soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I hope to go fulltime in the next 4 to 6 weeks I will stay in England for a while then head over the water I am looking at German Motohomes at the moment

Hi
and welcome.. not giving yourself a lot of time to find a van :Eeek:

Have you considered your payload, probably the most important factor when choosing, few euro vans have adequate payload or storage for a full timer, many (not all) buy USRVs.

Have you sold up already ? I know how difficult it is to sell property at the moment.

Good luck with your venture, let us know how you get on :thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I agree the exchange rate is so poor at the moment but Im sure it will get better soon

Do you think so ?

I can't see it.

We've just driven France, Spain, Morocco and seen mile upon mile of fertile land growing food. They can feed themselves. We can't. How do we pay for all the food we import ? I guess things are more equal when it comes to imports, we all depend on China etc.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Yes my house is sold Im just waiting for a completion date and my divorce is also through lol ....the tag axle has a good payload on the A class and they have double floors with storage in the floors

I have looked at the american models and I do like them but I keep thinking what happens if lpg goes up Im sure they will increase the tax at some point but thanx for the tips

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes my house is sold Im just waiting for a completion date and my divorce is also through lol ....the tag axle has a good payload on the A class and they have double floors with storage in the floors

I have looked at the american models and I do like them but I keep thinking what happens if lpg goes up Im sure they will increase the tax at some point but thanx for the tips

Good luck, I'm sure your right about LPG tax .. they pulled the same stunt with diesel .. :Angry: however, our RV is diesel and does about 15 mpg .. but probably too big for a solo (?) traveller .. in saying that we met a single lady in France full timing in a similar size RV to ours.. what a character she was.. :roflmto:

Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I would love a american rv Jim but I dont have a hgv so I would have to stick to the the 7.5 and you dont get many pushers under that weight even most of the petrol ones have be replated so if you want to stay legal you wont have much of a pay load in the A class

Paul

Upvote 0

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi

We have a Eura Mobil Integra 680, its a 2004 on a fiat 2.8 tag axle and we love it:thumb:, we'd have another which i think is a good recommendation, ours has the lounge at the front, kitchen in the middle and a fixed bed at the back (low bed), this layout works very well for us, (2 adults 1 child) but would work equally well with less, (nothing wrong with dreaming:ROFLMAO:)

we have used our in both summer and winter (several nights at -10 with no probs) and being only 6.8 mtr its easy to drive and park, we would also recommend the A class as it has better vision for driving and better views whilst on sites

If you are looking at a Fiat then look for a 2004 model they have ABS as standard

We have had ours chipped as the std 128bhp was a little under powered fine now

We have thought about selling ours for a newer one but it woould be above 35k so good luck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Thanx for the info Blisters yours sounds like the same layout as Ive been looking at Ive found 3 on line under 35k with alot of extras even found a 2004 lhd for 30k I dont have a trade in so Im hoping for a big discount

Paul

Upvote 0

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Paul

ours is RHD low milage and fully loaded and immaculate, which is why i would won,t top dollar, that said if you've found a good LHD and dont mind a left hooker, At under 30k sounds a real good buy go for it,

as you intend to full time i assume you will spend much time abroad at some point so maybe a left hooker would suit you, as i said before we are delighted with our and would happily recommend a Eura Mobil to anyone

Good luck

Graham

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Graham

Sorry LHD is a 2003 plate I thought it was a 2004 but still looks a good deal I hope you get a good price when you come to sell yours as it sound like a nice one .

I am going to stick to my budget if i can lol

Paul

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry LHD is a 2003 plate I thought it was a 2004
Paul

Age isn't really important. Mileage, condition and price are.

A good old one will depreciate less than a good newer one.

2003 good, if Fiat based, long before they cocked up the basic design.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I agree Brian mileage and condition is very important and it is the Fiat Eura Mobil Activa 690HB 2.8 JTD

I hope to go and have a look at it soon with a few more I have found

Paul

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I agree Brian mileage and condition is very important and it is the Fiat Eura Mobil Activa 690HB 2.8 JTD
Paul

The other thing that strikes me is how style is taking over substance. I've seen comments to the effect panels look brilliant but they are now flimsy vacuum formed plastic instead of decent machined wood.

There is no mileage for the makers to make vans to last 100 years.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back