• Total voters
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
When selling a motorhome or other vehicle ,with the exception of the V5 , do you pass on other documents , service invoices etc that show your full name and address ?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Can't see why not, the same info is readily available online if you take the trouble to look

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I have always passed on any invoices showing work carried out/service history along with anything that was passed to me when I bought the Motorhome. Am quite happy to answer any questions about the Motorhome if the new owners wish (It has not happened yet in 8 motorhomes - although there was a query from the dealer that aquired our last one from the dealer we part exchanged it at regarding the speedo reading (it had been replaced and the garage were unable to transfer the original mileage onto the new one so a letter was included in the pack))

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
When we bought Nigel, we received a load of history, which was interesting and useful. Names and addresses had, however, been 'redacted' (usually with scissors!).

That seems a good compromise in that (most) useful information was passed on, but sensitive information was not. We shall follow the same process when Nigel gets replaced.

The downside, of course, is that you have no-one to ask 'what key fits this????' type of questions. As a result, we have a bungee securing our folding roof ladder, plus a useless SAS clamp!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've never thought about the consequences! ! I'll think in the future and delete our address on any service documents.
We've always received documents with former addresses on from dealers.
Tried to contact one regarding a car but they never replied, had to use snail mail.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know I'm thick, but why, service is just that, what's it matter who had it done(n)

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I know I'm thick, but why, service is just that, what's it matter who had it done(n)

I questioned in view of personal info being passed on with a number of documents but it would be on the V5 anyway .
I'm in two minds with personal security etc :rolleyes:

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I have always given the supporting documents with name and address.
Unless you add your date of birth and bank numbers which neither should be on the invoices, I cannot see that you have given any more info than you already did with the v5.
The only thing I would take off is an email address.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It will probably be on the original invoice if the van is new and other documents. I don't really see what the problem is, I have sold dozens of cars over the years, most with documents showing my address and all with my address on the V5 ( and log book as it was previously)
Unless you want to hide the fact you once owned the vehicle, for whatever reason, I don't see why you would let it bother you.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It will probably be on the original invoice if the van is new and other documents. I don't really see what the problem is, I have sold dozens of cars over the years, most with documents showing my address and all with my address on the V5 ( and log book as it was previously)
Unless you want to hide the fact you once owned the vehicle, for whatever reason, I don't see why you would let it bother you.

Purely doubts about security , no other reason.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As it's on the V5 I don't understand the issue?
Ditto!

Always pass on any service documents, invoices for work done etc. it is all valuable info for the new owner. I always appreciate it if previous owners pass on their documents to me.

Can save a lot of worry, "has cam belt been replaced or not" etc.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We have always passed on copies of relevant info and blacked out phone numbers and anything that could be useful to thieves etc

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Am quite happy to answer any questions about the Motorhome if the new owners wish (It has not happened yet in 8 motorhomes
Well you are the lucky one.....

The clown who bought my RV is never off the bloody phone.
His last question this monday just gone........how do i turn on the gas ?
He's had the motorhome a month :doh:

He was given the manuals for EVERY fitted appliance, the hab manual and the chassis manual in the form of a 4" thick ring binder which will bail him out of every situation, even the kettle has a user handbook.....but no, its easier to ring me.

I now ignore his calls.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

He was given the manuals for EVERY fitted appliance, the hab manual and the chassis manual in the form of a 4" thick ring binder which will bail him out of every situation, even the kettle has a user handbook.....but no, its easier to ring me.

I now ignore his calls.

Have you told him about the auto pilot yet John :whistle::sneaky:

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
I 've always let history go with my vehicles,I didn't give it a second thought until now.

I suppose any receipts etc with our name and address on could be cut off but I've never bothered.

Doesn't really make much difference to you Larry......

You're moving remember !!!!:LOL:

Regards

John P(y)

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I 've always let history go with my vehicles,I didn't give it a second thought until now.

I suppose any receipts etc with our name and address on could be cut off but I've never bothered.

Doesn't really make much difference to you Larry......

You're moving remember !!!!:LOL:

Regards

John P(y)

And forgotten my name John , an age thing I think :rolleyes:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I always forward any service history and receipts as they are an integral part of the vehicle and its sale. makes a huge difference in ease of selling and value too. probably up to a £2000 difference on a motorhome having a full service history or not
When buying any vehicle, but especially motorhomes, I spend a lot of time checking the service history. If a van has no paperwork other than V5 I will normally reject it and would recommend others do the same

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

I now ignore his calls.

Meanie ! I've had this MH a month and still get stuck on things ! Still can't work out how to turn up the water pressure so another call to the dealers next week.

What happened to good will ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Meanie ! I've had this MH a month and still get stuck on things ! Still can't work out how to turn up the water pressure so another call to the dealers next week.

What happened to good will ?
turn up the water pressure? :rofl:

its a motorhome with a low pressure pump for the water system. Generally most folk could pee with more pressure

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Err what about the shower ?
what you see is what you get. you can buy aerator shower heads that give the impression of increased pressure. but generally the pump pressure is the absolute limit. changing the pump has a knock on effect for the water heater and pipework

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My van came from the first owner with a file all segmented out and the documents laid out in the correct place. MOTs services, instruction manuals, repairs . All of it but he did keep the original invoice but I did see it and how much he paid for it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My van came from the first owner with a file all segmented out and the documents laid out in the correct place. MOTs services, instruction manuals, repairs . All of it but he did keep the original invoice but I did see it and how much he paid for it.
the original invoice when new is a very important document when trying to re-register abroad etc I would insist on keeping it with the vehicle and allow the original owner to take a copy

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Keep all receipts and paperwork together and pass it on, buyers love a big fat folder of paper history with their van, we do when we buy and assume our buyers do when we sell.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Always passed on all history (though that never includes a phone number) of any vehicle I have sold. The main reason is that as a classic car enthusiast it has become a bit of a habit as the history of a vehicle can turn out to be very interesting.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i cant see why your name adress and contact details are such a secret we give all of ours out everytime we order something mail order or on internet same as blocking out reg numbers any one driving past my house can see them

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
i cant see why your name adress and contact details are such a secret we give all of ours out everytime we order something mail order or on internet same as blocking out reg numbers any one driving past my house can see them

Mmmm, never worked that one out myselfo_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back