Mar 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,
When you need to find a vet prior to coming home from France are they easy to find? Are they in small villages with Aires?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, I think so, we where recommended one in St. Omar and this town now has an Aire . Also found vet very reasonable price.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
It says that access is denied need permission from the owner if you click on the link , I have requested but alas nothing yet . Can't recall which google account I was logged in as thought the error was mine ,and switched back n forth accts , it may have been Tom chi etc ( my puppy's acct or mine

Ta very much Kath

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have regularly used a vet at Le Crotoy, it's on the road to Rue, can find address if wanted
Oh and there is an aire at Le Croytoy

Deleted User
Just used the vet in Honfleur. Just outside the Aire on the way to the harbour. Popped in and they did it immediately though did cost 52 euros.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Use a vet as far away from ports as practical,these will charge a fraction of the price.Eg:Honeflur last year June ÂŁ50 small village just off the A75 October ÂŁ15.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just used the vet in Honfleur. Just outside the Aire on the way to the harbour. Popped in and they did it immediately though did cost 52 euros.

We've used that one a couple of times. Not the cheapest but convenient, helpful and speaks English.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have used the one at Bergues, good English spoken by all the staff but expensive at 42 euros. Very nice town with a pleasant aire (no facilties though) in easy walking distance. You'll find the vets en route to town, behind the statue of a cow (!).

Paul

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Use a vet as far away from ports as practical,these will charge a fraction of the price.Eg:Honeflur last year June ÂŁ50 small village just off the A75 October ÂŁ15.

Hi,

Do you happen to remember the name of the village or vets please.

Richard

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
The Google Vet Map will be available shortly.

Meanwhile any details of recently visited Vets in Europe would be welcomed and added on to the map.

Addresses, fees, parking availability and any relevant details that would help other Members are appreciated.

:france::france::france:

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
The Google Vet Map will be available shortly.

Meanwhile any details of recently visited Vets in Europe would be welcomed and added on to the map.

Addresses, fees, parking availability and any relevant details that would help other Members are appreciated.

:france::france::france:

You must be the Keith Chesterfield? Like your dashcam videos on Youtube. Welcome to Fun.

Paul

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hi,

Do you happen to remember the name of the village or vets please.

Richard
.........................As I said just off A75 Le Malzieu Ville N44"51.302 E003"20.003 No 86 Mediterraean ALL THE AIRES France. E14.20 yes that's 14.20Euros.Another one this year March, Mamers No 24 Normandy All the aires is where we stayed .Vet fee E27 cash and yes it does make a difference.Hope this helps,as said try to get it done as far away as practicable re, times before departure.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Help needed to add these to the map as i'm not that clever with this site. Incidentaly the town of Le Malzieu Ville is a really nice place to stop off for a break on the A75 Medieval walled town that if elsewhere would be full of tourists we were the only visitors.

Feb 18, 2014
Ilfracombe, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
Vet in Rue
I know this vet is on Keiths list, but we visited on Tuesday 23 rd September. M.Delaware
34 Rue Du Crotoy
Rue
03 22 25 00 63
Saw us without an appointment (we would have made one if neccessary) 25 Euro for two Jack Russell dogs we provided the treatment, would use again. Excellent parking area outside the vet.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
The Vets map is now okay to view - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g&usp=sharing

A few days ago I decided to see how many people were wanting to use it.

I didn't think many were using it as I'd had no notification of new Vets or updated information from anyone for months.

But there's been over 50 requests to see it in the last 5 days so I've put it back online.

To make it of better use and more helpful to all Members could you let me know of any experiences you've had of Vets in Europe this year.

Addresses and prices are all that I need to know to be able to post new Vets and your input is appreciated.

Mr Ed - Le Malzieu Ville Vet added to Map – could you let me know if any information is wrong?

And which Vet did you use in Mamers – Clinic Bellevue on Rue de Navarre or Vétérinaire Saosnois on Rue Charles Granger?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
It's a useful map, Keith. Thanks for making it available. Here's a vet in Spain for you to add to the list. It is in Sopelana, so very convenient for the Bilbao ferry. There's a large car park about 10 minutes' walk from the vet's. It looked as though some people were overnighting there, although we stayed at the campsite, which was a bit grim.
The vet is Clinica Veterinaria Sopelana, Sabino Arana, No 28, Sopelana. Tel: 94 676 12 04
Opening hours 10.00 - 13.30 and 17.00 - 20.00 Monday to Friday
11.00 - 14.00 Saturdays
This is s friendly and helpful practice, run by three women vets. The vet we saw spoke good English and was very thorough and conscientious. I think we paid around 33 Euros, which we didn't think was cheap, but our dog's never had such a thorough examination before!

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
As a former French resident and caravan site owner of a site that gave extra special facilities to four legged friend visitors, I have been asked the OP's kind of question many, many times.
Because of changes in the law some years ago there is far more freedom of movement and far more opportunity to enjoy the final few days of your holiday rather than having to fit everything around the dreaded vets, pets passport visit.
You have to go to the vet not less than 24 hours and not more than 120 hours before putting foot back onto UK soil.

This allows you to use a vet far further away from the channel ports where their charges can be quite considerably less.

Whatever you do, make sure your pet passport is 100% correct with all the stickers suitably signed over and watch the vet in Europe like a hawk so as to make absolutely certain that they do everything correctly because you don't want to do what I did when we returned to live in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of our Springers I had collected from Colwyn Bay 2 years earlier on one of my special trips over. Well on our return at the French end of the Tunnel, it was only then that I discovered that although Ollie's passport had all the stamps, one of the stickers didn't have a vets signature over the top of it. This resulted in us having to make a special journey to a vet in Calais where all the vet had to do was to sign over the sticker............... We were charged 60€ for this!! If I had only seen it before I could have put a squiggle signature over it and no one would have known.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
We have found that Offices de Tourisme will provide a list of local vets. (This assumes that you can find an O de T that is actually open when you need it!)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Urgent help needed. We are just north of Troyes heading to tunnel. Not booked on until tomorrow lunchtime. Please can someone help by finding us a vet on route open on s Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Thanks andrea.

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
Most small towns will have a vet, you can spot them by their green sign/serpant.

Sorry buy you are in deep do-do as the regulations state you can't travel not less than 24 hours and not more than 5 days after the vets visit.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Urgent help needed. We are just north of Troyes heading to tunnel. Not booked on until tomorrow lunchtime. Please can someone help by finding us a vet on route open on s Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Thanks andrea.
youve left it too late, you wont be able to travel tomorrow now

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
talk about cutting it fine for time. pleased you are now sorted

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Buzzy-Beans - Most small towns will have a vet, you can spot them by their green sign/serpant.

Veterinaires are Blue signs - Pharmacie's signs are Green

Vet Sign 1.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back