Anyone had problems with yodel delivery parcels? (1 Viewer)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
has any funsters used yodel through parcel2go recently in the last week? They have had IT issues with their tracking system since Tuesday last week, so cannot track a parcel sent to me.
Surely they must have a way opf finding a missing parcel, you cannot ring them to speak to anyone, you can send messages, but they take forever to respond and say the sender should be able to help, well they have'nt lost the parcel, they sent it.
Who should refund me the money which I have paid direct to the seller ( not through eBay) should it be yodel? when the sender is putting the claim into yodel/parcel2go??
Sorry for ranting but £325 is a fair amount to pay for something that you have'nt received and should have been next day delivery

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Yes that's exactly what I thought, the seller needs to get the refund from yodel, and the seller needs to refund myself, but do I have to wait till he gets his money back?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Unless the sender has paid for extra insurance they wont get a lot back.. !!
These companies often state goods are insured but use RHA (Road Haulage Ass) rates.. and thats £'s based on tons !.
Not much more than £1 a kilo....

Just read Yodel terms.. Max claim £20..... OUCH..

6.7 If we are liable to you for any reason, we shall (subject always to clause 7) only be liable to you up to the following amounts in the following circumstances:

(a) If we lose or damage all of a Consignment we will be liable for a maximum of £20 for Yodel services. If however this maximum figure is greater than the actual value of the Consignment then we shall only be liable for the full value of that Consignment;

(b) If we lose or damage part of a Consignment, the amount of the sum determined under clause 6.7(a) above shall be pro-rated down to represent the proportion that the actual value of that part of the Consignment bears to the actual value of the whole Consignment

(c) If we cause you loss or damage arising in any other way, a maximum of £20 for Yodel services) in respect of any Consignment.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
The seller says he has paid insurance, but how much "extra" I do not know, so what's the chances of me getting my £325 back??

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
If you bought via eBay then open a case.they always take the sellers side so if the seller doesn't sort it they will refund you and help themselves to to sellers money.
There are some unscrupulous buyers on eBay who take advantage of this bias towards the seller.eg claiming an item hasn't arrived, getting a refund and then reselling the item again on eBay!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I was in the house when the Yodel delivery chap arrived. I could hear him arguing with the wife, then the dog joined in, barking. I heard the dog yelping, ran outside, to see our family pooch half in and half out of the bushes, still yelping, and in some distress. Looking up, I saw this chap getting into a Yodel van, and ran hell for leather into the road, just as he pulled away. I stopped and shouted, "HEY, YOU, you just hurt my dog, and kicked her into the bushes". He stopped the van, stuck his head out of the window, and in a strange sort of voice shouted.........
YOUROLDLADYTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :whistle:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
If you bought via eBay then open a case.they always take the sellers side so if the seller doesn't sort it they will refund you and help themselves to to sellers money.
There are some unscrupulous buyers on eBay who take advantage of this bias towards the seller.eg claiming an item hasn't arrived, getting a refund and then reselling the item again on eBay!
Not through east unfortunately, it's a funsters selling item on here for sale

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Th
I was in the house when the Yodel delivery chap arrived. I could hear him arguing with the wife, then the dog joined in, barking. I heard the dog yelping, ran outside, to see our family pooch half in and half out of the bushes, still yelping, and in some distress. Looking up, I saw this chap getting into a Yodel van, and ran hell for leather into the road, just as he pulled away. I stopped and shouted, "HEY, YOU, you just hurt my dog, and kicked her into the bushes". He stopped the van, stuck his head out of the window, and in a strange sort of voice shouted.........
ats not good @Tootles

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Will my parcel ever turn up? Or has a yodel employee took a fancy to it and that's why it's disappeared?

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Useless delivery drivers....left my daughters parcel on the doorstep in full view of the road. She was sat in the front room, car on the drive. He didn't even ring the bell or knock on the door..just left a note saying he had couldn't get a reply so had left it on the step!!!!!!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
This parcel carrier is irrelevant.

Your contract is with the seller. As far as you are concerned its the sellers problem.

The seller is the one liable to refund you in the event of non delivery of the goods.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

You got there in the end Dave ;)

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Val, did u pay using a credit card? if so, you can claim against that.
No Andrea, paid direct into his bank account
the seller has said a claim has been put in to parcel2go not yodel and they will send me a cheque, never heard of this before, they have given them the price I paid, sop they will send me the money??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
the seller has said a claim has been put in to parcel2go not yodel and they will send me a cheque, never heard of this before, they have given them the price I paid, sop they will send me the money??

You need to tell him, you want your money back from him. And then HE can reclaim it from whoever he likes.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
They left my parcel outside the front door, where it stayed for a whole 2 days in the rain. Luckily nothing was damaged but I was not impressed.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
You need to tell him, you want your money back from him. And then HE can reclaim it from whoever he likes.
Hi Have told him that @Jim but he says I have to wait for the claim to go through as it could still be delivered!! NOT, he said I would receive the money from parcel2go who he paid the delivery for, oh he paid £15 insurance extra

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The seller says he has paid insurance, but how much "extra" I do not know, so what's the chances of me getting my £325 back??
You should get it all back and threaten them with the small claims court if they waffle. As JC said you contracted with the seller for delivery of the item. Don't be sidetracked by questions about insurance, it has nothing to do with you. The insurance is for the sellers benefit and if they are not covered, tough on them but you want the goods or you money back ASAP.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Have to speak as I find
Had a delivery from yodel due yesterday
Got a text saying it will be delivered before 9 pm

Got a call at 4 ish can you confirm your post code
As it doesn't match the address
What post code says I rm18--- says she
Wrong code for kirby cross address
I told her the post code for our home
Parcel arrived today 10 am
Had to shunted from Basildon to frinton overnight

Reason for wrong post code
when we moved I changed the address with ebay
Changed the post code some how the post code reverted to tilbury
On the ebay settings

As I'm buying via eblay the seller used my address along with postcode so maybe my fault or ebays
Hats off to the yodel employee for sorting
Not so sure about the drivers though believe they are on pence per drop how many not sure but the trucks is well stuffed

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
That would worry me!

E-Bay use PayPal for a very good reason - it reduces fraudulent transactions.

You paid directly into the seller's bank account and he does not know which carrier he sent it by.

I hope I am wrong but this bears all the hallmarks of a scam.

Good luck. Please let us all know how you got on.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Got to wait 14 days for non delivery according to the claim form, then they should pay out, so hope by 20th sept I should have my money back so I can start looking to buy another, but not going to use Yodel or parcel2go myself, would never use them myself.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Got to wait 14 days for non delivery according to the claim form, then they should pay out, so hope by 20th sept I should have my money back so I can start looking to buy another, but not going to use Yodel or parcel2go myself, would never use them myself.
Irregardless of any of this I suggest you do not pay directly into the bank account of any E-Bay seller in future.

Using Pay-Pal or your Credit Card (depending on cost) gives you some protection.

Once again, good luck.

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Irregardless of any of this I suggest you do not pay directly into the bank account of any E-Bay seller in future.

Using Pay-Pal or your Credit Card (depending on cost) gives you some protection.

Once again, good luck.
It was not an eBay seller, it's a funster who I bought something from @£325, never again will I pay direct into an account, even if PayPal charge

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
One solution don't go near yodel or use them again thay are not the best of companies for delivering ,once watched a yodel dilivery guy try to find a parcel in the back of his van amongst all the parcels in the back throwing the parcels everywhere until he. Found the one he was looking for and through it out on to the pavement is that carefull delivery or what .

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
GUESS WHAT APPEARED TODAY!!
after 13 days the bike which was sent to me on Teusday 2nd Sept arrived, dont quite know where it's been but it's here, little damage, but not the fault of the sender, it will be Yodel's careless delivery driver's.
watch out Lincoln show, I will be testing it out there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back