Buying A Camper In Spain (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We're moving to Lanzarote soon and after seeking advice over there, it will be a nightmare to take ours over and make it legal.

So, we're thinking about buying a used one in Spain and taking it over :)

Are they any cheaper there than the UK ?

Any recommended places to look?

Any experience or helpful advice ?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
contact benimar m,home builders near benicarlo. you can pick them up at the factory.
google should help.
i know a few ex pats that have done it all seem pleased .
if passing call in they give guided tours of the factory . or did . have been round twice .

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
contact benimar m,home builders near benicarlo. you can pick them up at the factory.
google should help.
i know a few ex pats that have done it all seem pleased .
if passing call in they give guided tours of the factory . or did . have been round twice .
Thanks, but don't think we'll be buying new ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We're moving to Lanzarote soon and after seeking advice over there, it will be a nightmare to take ours over and make it legal.

So, we're thinking about buying one in Spain and taking it over :)

Are they any cheaper there than the UK ?

Any recommended places to look?

Any experience or helpful advice ?

Cheers :)
Lucky B*****d.

Are you expecting sympathy?;)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Milanuncios or Segunda Mano are two Spanish websites for selling things second hand. Put a search in for motorhomes.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
From what i have seen.. NO...
All vehicles seem to be a lot more expensive in Spain, also you have to ensure all taxes and fines are paid otherwise the bill and bad marks can falls at your feet.. Sure some of the funsters living in Spain will be along with more / better info..

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Ooops should have said search for autocaravanas.

You will need to be very lucky to find what you want without a long search, although the market is better now as motorhoming has become more popular in recent years. There are few reasonably good dealers in the Murcia and Alicante regions and I suppose you may find dealers in other regions also.

What motorhome have you in mind?

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Nothing particular in mind yet.

when we drove through Spain last year we saw a few dealers with approx 100 vans on show.
Not sure if new or used.

What should I search for to find new and used dealers?

Cheers

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If you search for "autocaravanas en venta" and the region you should get a result for dealers etc. "Ocasion" is second hand and "nueva" is new.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I had a look on Spanish EBAY at www.ebay.es using search for autocaravanas but there seems to be thousands of accesories but no actual Motorhomes.
If you Google' Buying a motorhome in Spain', it throws up some links including the one below which perhaps may help....
http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/forum/buy-own/490-buying-a-motorhome-in-spain.

Yes, spanish ebay isn't good- I looked for a van some years back & found ............................ 1 ! yes. only one.:LOL: Top place for selling/buying as already posted is Milanuncios.

Broken Link Removed
This will take you straight in to "autocaravanas".. It is on " todo España " ( all spain ) You can modify to specific regions at top right.You can also choose mileage , fuel type private, dealer etc ; to narrow down search.Segundo-Mano is also good along with Coches.net.
It might also be worth a look on Autoscout24 ,for spain. as well.
Bear in mind as well that many you have to choose " caravanas" first & then a sub menu will allow you to choose autocaravanas.
Prices here might frighten you. lol:D

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Before thinking about buying in mainland Spain, suggest you get a price for taking it on ferry to the Canaries.... Been told the prices are horrific.

Follow the link below which will take you to MilAnuncios, Canary Island page which shows a few vans available on the islands, might be a better option. All in Spanish but it will give you some ideas

Broken Link Removed

Bryan

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
We have brought 2 motorhomes from these Broken Link Removed
And they give a excellent service and quite a few of the staff speak english , they gave me a years warranty on a used van and have so far honored it, also have a good selection of new and used vans not all are on there website.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Before thinking about buying in mainland Spain, suggest you get a price for taking it on ferry to the Canaries.... Been told the prices are horrific.
I've been over twice and it's about £500 return :)

Follow the link below which will take you to MilAnuncios, Canary Island page which shows a few vans available on the islands, might be a better option. All in Spanish but it will give you some ideas

Broken Link Removed

Bryan
Great, thanks :) That will save paying 10% tax to import from Spain :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back