Any Hudl 1 experts out there? (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I have a Hudl 1, don't use it a great deal but handy to have when wandering.

How the heck do I empty the email Recylce Bin without having to flag each and every email there?

This seems to be a very common question asked on numerous forums but having ploughed through loads of Questions/Answers the question remains unanswered :-( It can't be that complicated - surely? It must be a similar process for all/most Androids?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have a hudl and am having great difficulty managing photos, creating folders for them. It seems like Google wants to be in control of everything and sync between tablet and phone etc to the point where simple things become really complicated. Gave up trying a few weeks ago in frustration but must give it another try sometime.
It took me ages to get rid of all the tesco rubbish on it !

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Can't remember now, I had to Google the question and it takes you to a forum with techies who know the answer. From memory, you can't actually get rid of it, you just have to download another home screen and use that but it can't remember what it was called. Try Google item sure you'll find it, wasn't too difficult.
Chris

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
any help?

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
If you are just in the email app, you should be able to click on the recycle bin then click on the menu and there should be a delete all option. There is on my android tablet.

OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Well it's still a mystery but I've been swiping and tapping everywhere suggested both here and on all the other help sites I've visited and my recycle bin is now empty - god knows which swipe/tap did it.
Of interest, tapping/swiping the recycle bin doesn't bring up any menu items at all.
Just one of life's mysteries.

Thanks guys

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What email client (app) are you using? Normally the emails (except for the last few) are not stored on the device, but are downloaded from your ISP's server.

Try going into the play store and downloading Aquamail, which is about the best Android email app I have found.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
What email client (app) are you using? Normally the emails (except for the last few) are not stored on the device, but are downloaded from your ISP's server.

Try going into the play store and downloading Aquamail, which is about the best Android email app I have found.

can you put your gmail in it? hate gmail on PC:(

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
can you put your gmail in it? hate gmail on PC:(
You can put any email provider on it. You specify when setting it your gmail account name and password and it does the rest. In fact if you buy the Pro version (about £3) you can have as many different email accounts as you want on it. Give it is try, it really is the puppies privates.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
That actually might be the most efficient way in future - apart from not letting the list getting to large in the first place - is to delete them from whatever mail server you use... eg going to Google's website if you have a gmail email

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That actually might be the most efficient way in future - apart from not letting the list getting to large in the first place - is to delete them from whatever mail server you use... eg going to Google's website if you have a gmail email
You should be able to delete them using any decent email app. That art is to set it using IMAP protocol rather than POP3. That way if you delete something on your Hudl it will also delete it on your email server (google for example).

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I actually don't want that to happen :cool:.
Why not? As I say only the latest few emails are actually stored on the device. The rest are downloaded when you scroll down the list (that is the way most email apps work). So only delete those you truly want deleted, and they will be deleted from the server. You always get an "are you sure" message before they are deleted. And just leave the ones you want to keep - they won't take any more space and will still be available to download on all your devices.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...because I view emails over many devices, not just one - so I choose to perhaps delete a msg off a device locally but choose to keep it on another.
I only want emails to be deleted from the server when I choose.
:rolleyes:
:whistle: :).

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
...because I view emails over many devices, not just one - so I choose to perhaps delete a msg off a device locally but choose to keep it on another.
I only want emails to be deleted from the server when I choose.
:rolleyes:
:whistle: :).
But as I said your messages are not saved on the Android device (unlike PC software such as Outlook), they are downloaded from your email client's server each time you access it, so you can't "delete" them as such from the device.

I do not use IMAP with Outlook on my PC for that very reason, instead I use POP3. Then I can decide what I want deleted only from the PC and what I also want to delete from the server. If I wanted to I could set it so that nothing ever gets deleted from the server, but then after a while my ISP has a moan because my inbox is getting too big.

The other advantage with IMAP is that you can set it to only "push" messages, i.e. send each new one when it is received, rather than the app having to check for new emails every "x" minutes.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you Peter
I am quite happy with the way my email is set up :cool:.
Your advice may help others & I appreciate the pointer to Aquamail.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back