Pescheria lake garda must does (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Arrived at camping Cappuccini today and I'm on a shit plot I only had choice of 2. If I can't change tommorow or next day I'll move on elswhere not far from here.

Now what I need help with is some suggestions of things to do and see as I really havnt planned anything. Any suggestions welcomed does anyone know about a thermal spa place ?

Thanks in advance

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Take a walk up to the train station and catch a train to Verona or Venice.
Trains are frequent and affordable.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We went to Venice by rail and highly recommend it, haven't done Verona this century (yet). The lake trip on the steamer is worth doing too, some of the towns on the North West side of the lake are magnificent.

We had a choice of about a dozen plots when we were there and whilst we picked one down by the Lakeside fence I don't recall it being 'better' than any of the others, just a more pleasant view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks guys keep them coming please

Brisey I'm thinking of driving down to Rome and stopping over.
Popeye your right they are all small but it m on possibly the smallest plot26 and I'm parked on the angle so even less space.
Overlooked by 2 chalets and one of the residents is giving the wife the evils at every move. A nice plot had a small 2 man tent on it last night so I'm hoping he didn't stay going to take a look now

Ciao for now

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
While you're at Camping Cappucini take a stroll down through the gate to the beach and have a Spritz Aperol in their beach bar. That's a must do as far as I'm concerned. (y) I recommend trying several each day to make sure you like them :D

Also if you walk along the beach in the opposite direction (away from the town) you will come across a bar/restaurant called Vecchio Mulino. It serves really really good coffee, even by Italian standards, and the food there is fantastic, the best we ate whilst we were there. It's about half a mile from the beach bar.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
While you're at Camping Cappucini take a stroll down through the gate to the beach and have a Spritz Aperol in their beach bar. That's a must do as far as I'm concerned. (y) I recommend trying several each day to make sure you like them :D

Also if you walk along the beach in the opposite direction (away from the town) you will come across a bar/restaurant called Vecchio Mulino. It serves really really good coffee, even by Italian standards, and the food there is fantastic, the best we ate whilst we were there. It's about half a mile from the beach bar.

your making me cry..we love our aperol spritz:)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you like theme parks try Gardaland.

If you like water parks try Caneva Aquapark.

Market Day in Lazise is quite impressive, and I don't like markets that much.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
your making me cry..we love our spritz aperol:)

Broken Link Removed (y)

The ones I make at home seem to be slightly stronger than the ones I was getting there :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Broken Link Removed (y)

The ones I make at home seem to be slightly stronger than the ones I was getting there :D

we bought a bottle of aperol back with us..unfortunately just the one:(
I developed a taste for decent Grappa this year..not the cheap white stuff but the darker ones. An 18 year old Reserve was around 10 €, again only brought the one back:( its £35 upwards here £50 someplaces:cry:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What the hell is this, a drink I've never tried, do tell me more.

It's the best drink ever.

3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol and a splash of soda. (y)

Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's the best drink ever.

3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol and a splash of soda. (y)

Broken Link Removed

A proper summer drink:)

aperol.jpg

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Try a Snickers Bar ice cream thats the only place we've ever seen it only one vendor sells it right in the centre. If we're not going to Peschiera Jan makes me do a diversion just for a Snickers Bar ice cream. If you have bycyles cycle up to the castle cant remember the name its about 5 miles north really worth a look and cycle paths all the way.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
OK seen the restraint going to try it one eve
I'm not much of a drinker but I'll give this girls drink a go a few can't hurt can it ?
Theme parks etc if I had the kids and grandkids for sure but not just worry and I
Market in Lezise what time of day and best way to get a here please ?

rebellious 1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Funster No
I would forget the driving and go everywhere by boat,the roman springs are at Sermione(20 mins on rapido)
Desenzano is good if you are into shopping and markets,
Lazise is very historic and a lovely spot to relax as is Bardolino which is much bigger(45 mins on the boat)then a short walk is the town of Garda.
The boat is the best way to get about as the traffic can be horrific by the theme parks,you can get a timetable from the boat dock in Peschiera,and if you are lucky enough to be over 65 you can get a concession if you produce a passport as proof.There is so much to see and do in this beautiful area that I envy your time spent there.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Some lovely towns all round the lake..all easy to get to by ferrys that criss cross the lake

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We stayed on a lovely site at desenzano, it was acsi site, restaurant, take away, bar, lots of nice showers, toilet blocks and launderette. 1st pitch we got had nice views of lake, as we hadn't booked we had to move after a couple of days.
Try the Italian drink limoncello, it's a nice aperatif, have a great time, we loved it

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have also many years ago stayed on a small site at Malcesine, lovely cobbled streets, cable car up to monte baldo

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Missed this thread yesterday we just left there this morning we where on the campsite next door butterfly village which was a good site.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
We did the thermal spa, magic! Several mineral pools different temperatures. Swimming outside looking towards neuschwanstein castle.
Another vote for the train to Verona, lovely city. We plan to revisit next year as I had a bad ankle and could not do enough sightseeing.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We did the thermal spa, magic! Several mineral pools different temperatures. Swimming outside looking towards neuschwanstein castle.
Another vote for the train to Verona, lovely city. We plan to revisit next year as I had a bad ankle and could not do enough sightseeing.

Thanks everyone I haven't found the snickers ice cream yet but I will. I'm struggling with an arthritic foot and knee its not best situation especially as I've now developed sciatica. But in true Brit fashion I'll grit my teath and press on.

Thanks again everyone keep them coming

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Arrived at camping Cappuccini today and I'm on a shit plot I only had choice of 2. If I can't change tommorow or next day I'll move on elswhere not far from here.

Now what I need help with is some suggestions of things to do and see as I really havnt planned anything. Any suggestions welcomed does anyone know about a thermal spa place ?

Thanks in advance
Oops forgot to mention, think the spa is in schwangau

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Thats a bit of a long way (370km) from Lake Garda though, there is also a Pescheria in Munich which is a bit closer.
Ha, that'll teach me to engage brain before posting! (Maybe). It was the same holiday, did the spa on the way to Italy, doh. :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back