Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Just a word of warning. We recently had Motor Klenz Broken Link Removed to clean our Motorhome whilst at the Malvern Motorhome show. They caused hundreds of pounds with of damage by allowing the chemicals they used to dry on the vehicle. They didn't even offer a refund of the money we paid them. Now a month later we are still further forward in getting our Motorhome repaired. Just lots of promises from the company owner Jason, but no action. So be warned if you decide to employ their services if things go wrong, you could be waiting a long time for rectification

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
possibly traffic film remover? if used in too strong a concentration and not rinsed off well, it is caustic and takes the shiny surface off the paint. have seen a few vehicles about with patchy matt paint likely caused by carpark car cleaning,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
What chemicals? Do you know? And what damage was caused?

TFR Used but allowed to dry on vehicle. Result was nasty run marks all over Motorhome and all decals ruined.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp

Thank you very much. Yes really annoying but the owner seems to feel that we should just wait on him. Just keeps saying I will sort it, been hearing this for a month now.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the only way to repair properly is a respray and new decals. doubt the company have liability insurance if they are stalling on how to get it repaired for you

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
possibly traffic film remover? if used in too strong a concentration and not rinsed off well, it is caustic and takes the shiny surface off the paint. have seen a few vehicles about with patchy matt paint likely caused by carpark car cleaning,
Exactly.
E]

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
the only way to repair properly is a respray and new decals. doubt the company have liability insurance if they are stalling on how to get it repaired for you
I am beginning to wonder that myself. Have asked twice now for insurance details but he's refusing to provide them.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am beginning to wonder that myself. Have asked twice now for insurance details but he's refusing to provide them.
solicitors letter advising them you intend to take legal action. about £50 but will sort them quickly. if they cannot or will not stump up, small claims court will cost about £80 but you should include costs in the amount you are seeking. get 3 estimates and include these in your claim

basically they sold you a service as professional valeters and damaged your vehicle. thats why they should be insured. if they arent then your claim is against the business directly. dont be fobbed off or ignored

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
  • TFR is available in a non caustic formula now but it still needs to be handled & used with care. Rinsing needs to be thorough & timeous or streaks develop that are almost impossible to remove. Even deep polishing fails to hide the damage.
  • I hope that you manage to get this sorry episode resolved...Robert & Hazel.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
  • TFR is available in a non caustic formula now but it still needs to be handled & used with care. Rinsing needs to be thorough & timeous or streaks develop that are almost impossible to remove. Even deep polishing fails to hide the damage.
  • I hope that you manage to get this sorry episode resolved...Robert & Hazel.
Thank you very much. I will not allow them to ignore this. It needs to be put right.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Mark.
So sorry to hear about your problems. I saw them cleaning your Van and was going to get them to do mine (mainly for the roof) as I am fitting a couple of extra solar panels this week. When I came back from doing my water & waste they had gone so did not bother, so a close shave. As mentioned if you have no joy hit them with a solicitors letter as they should have liability insurance. If they dont then why were they allowed to trade at Malvern.
Good luck and I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Mark.
So sorry to hear about your problems. I saw them cleaning your Van and was going to get them to do mine (mainly for the roof) as I am fitting a couple of extra solar panels this week. When I came back from doing my water & waste they had gone so did not bother, so a close shave. As mentioned if you have no joy hit them with a solicitors letter as they should have liability insurance. If they dont then why were they allowed to trade at Malvern.

Jason is still refusing to give me his insurance details. Here we are a month down the line and all I am getting from him is that he's waiting to hear back from Signwriting company's

He just doesn't seem to be taking the fact that his company has damaged our Motorhome as a priority.

I believe four weeks is long enough to have reached a resolve.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Mark5204
Agree wholeheartedly with the above advice re Solicitor's letter threatening legal action.
This worked for us a few years ago after an ineffective repair by a builder who just kept stalling us. He wasn't happy, but completed the job OK.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
@Mark5204
Agree wholeheartedly with the above advice re Solicitor's letter threatening legal action.
This worked for us a few years ago after an ineffective repair by a builder who just kept stalling us. He wasn't happy, but completed the job OK.

Good luck.

Thank you and yes I am certainly going to take legal action. Certainly couldn't run my business the way he seems to run his.

I am tired of the it will get done when I am ready attitude.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
solicitors letter advising them you intend to take legal action. about £50 but will sort them quickly. if they cannot or will not stump up, small claims court will cost about £80 but you should include costs in the amount you are seeking. get 3 estimates and include these in your claim

basically they sold you a service as professional valeters and damaged your vehicle. thats why they should be insured. if they arent then your claim is against the business directly. dont be fobbed off or ignored

From next month and changes to the law the appeal process easier..contact CAB

There was a thread last week? Started by Jim about it...

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Mark.

There you are Mark,

Not only have you got a claim, you've got a witness as well. He'll have trouble wriggling out of this.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
If you have legal cover on your MH insurance, or, if not, your house insurance, claim on the legal protection policy, they should handle it for you, they use no win no fee lawyers and, providing they accept the case, it will not cost you anything and won't affect your NCB.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
maybe someone could post a link to this thread on their facebook page. I'm sure they'll respond.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
There you are Mark,

Not only have you got a claim, you've got a witness as well. He'll have trouble wriggling out of this.

Yes thank you. We have a couple of people that witnessed the issue I really only wanted the situation rectified I told them that. But am now tired of hearing "we are waiting for quotes " it's been a month now. There's been no communication initiated there end only responses to my communication.

Insurance details still not been supplied after numerous requests.

Speaking to our Solicitors on Friday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We also as you know because we spoke with you at the time saw them cleaning your van -- really sorry they haven't responded properly

It's a shame but he really doesn't seem to understand it's a priority when in business to correct and complaints swiftly.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
maybe someone could post a link to this thread on their facebook page. I'm sure they'll respond.
Done !
image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back