Canterbury Park and Ride, Advice sought. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi all,

We are travelling on/under? the tunnel at the end of the month.

I have it mind to stay the day/night before at Canterbury.
Question for you regular users. Does it get full at this time of the year and do we really need a Plan B?

We have it mind to travel midweek and arrive at, or around 3.00pm. Can anyone offer their knowledge? Please.

As usual thanks in advance

wurzelwagon

Free Member
May 25, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
9 years
Went there last year to visit Canterbury at midday was half full we left around 3pm an only a couple of spaces available . So the earlier the better I would say

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I ask Wurzel, was that after the snappers had gone back to school. What time of year did you visit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There is usually space this time of year, Mrs A will be driving past it today and will have a look. Last time we used the Park and Ride, I noticed there was a sign showing directions to an overflow area for motorhomes, so, even if it's full, there should be somewhere to park.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Question for you regular users. Does it get full at this time of the year and do we really need a Plan B?

You should be fine at that time of day.

On the unlikely off chance it's full here are some options for plans B, C & D:

B. Go straight to the tunnel and see if you can get an earlier train. You gain an extra day of holiday that way. You might get lucky and get it for free or a small extra charge. If the charge is too high then revert to D.

C. There are several lay-bys on the B2068 which are quiet enough. This is the road you take from Canterbury to the tunnel terminal so it's the right direction.

D. There are motorway services at J11 of the M20 where you can have a kip. This is the junction that the B2068 brings you to, one before the tunnel one.

I'm sure you'll be fine at Canterbury though.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We arrive at Canterbury P & R later than that last June and there were plenty of places, had a lovely meal at the pub on the corner too, it's a great way to start your holiday. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We were there for 2 nights in May last year and there were quite a few more vans the second day that the first so it is variable but you should still find empty spaces.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back