Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
As and when we purchase a Moho we were planning on storing it on our driveway. We can install a metal security pillar but my big concern is that the driveway slopes. I'm guessing for long term storage in winter months that's not the best thing in the world. Has anyone experienced and overcome/managed a similar issue?

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well at least you won't have any problems with water pooling on the roof;)

Can't really see a problem apart from if its staying still for long periods then I like to leave the hand brake off, but I'm sure as long as the slope is not too extreme it should be ok(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Nothing I like more than to imagine a problem that may not exist!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Are you allowed in the deeds of the house and if you have neighbours do you get on with them OK, the other argument is that it advertises when you are not at home.
We have inside storage but that is hard to find but nice if you can.

Martin

Upvote 0

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Our drive has a quite steep slope, never had any problems. As said prevents water standing on the roof, we use wheel chocks, hand brake off and in gear. Oh and:welc:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
No idea re the deeds. I guess telling the neighbours first and sounding them out would be a good idea. Tbh it shouldn't interfere much with any view that have, as our driveway sits further back than their respective garages. Mind you, mohos are big buggers aren't they and I'd hate them to think they were living in the land of a permanent eclipse.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Unless you are sleeping in the van a flat drive is bad news, far better to have a slope so the water runs off the roof.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:welc:Use it as much as you can in winter if you have invested all that money don't waste it by standing on the drive, there are some great places to go during the darker months.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Our busiest campervanning is between now and March.. the roads are quieter, the secret sites are quieter and the not secret sites are cheaper, the kids are in a routine so we have the time and energy to go out and enjoy exploring.

As regards slopes, just make sure your head is higher than your feet and you will sleep better :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Our busiest campervanning is between now and March.. the roads are quieter, the secret sites are quieter and the not secret sites are cheaper, the kids are in a routine so we have the time and energy to go out and enjoy exploring.

As regards slopes, just make sure your head is higher than your feet and you will sleep better :)
I'm looking forward to finding out about the secret sites. And wise advice for living, not just motor homing. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Upvote 0

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
I keep my van at home on a slight slope, my winter plan is to leave it in gear with good wheel chocks, but I also plan to take it for a short drive every couple of weeks just to keep all the bits moving, ok in truth it is an excuse to drive it as it is such a rare beast and such fun to drive, I get waves from VW owners and fellow Motorhomers.

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Well at least you won't have any problems with water pooling on the roof;)

Can't really see a problem apart from if its staying still for long periods then I like to leave the hand brake off, but I'm sure as long as the slope is not too extreme it should be ok(y)

We get water pooling on our roof when we park on a slope.

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
From my understanding a van parked on a front to back slope is ok but side to side slope causes damage if parked long term @Jim mentioned this I think.

Upvote 0

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
We have a covenant says we can't park caravans, motorhomes or trade vehicles. At first we had the moho in storage which we find a pain, although I understand the security issue showing everyone when you are away. Anyway from the off 2 neighbours parked work vehicles so we managed to tuck the moho up the side of the house with inches to spare. No one complained (yet) and we leave the car on the drive and our neighbours use the drive when we are away. We have great neighbours(y)

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi And Welcome. :welc: :welc::welc:
I park on our drive it say's on the deeds no Caravans (Motorhomes) no signed vans and no TV Ariel's or sat dish's visible from any roadway. the estate as van's every house as got Ariel's and dish's. and like yourselves my garage is set back from nextdoor. Pete

Upvote 0

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
These exclusions of no caravans sign written vans boats and so on are deeds of covenants...
These are set by the builders/developers not the local councils. They are extremely rarely enforced and once the developers have have finished and sold up are usually ignored anyway. Said developers want a nice tidy site with nice tidy gardens not a mish mash. It puts buyers of the last houses to be sold off..

They are almost completely unenforceable unless someone wants to spend a fortune on litigation.

There are laws that fall under environmental. These are the ones that will be enforced if people start living on their drives.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back