Are there any Indian/Asian motorhomers out there? (1 Viewer)

amentalcat

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
I know this is a bit of a strange one, but having spent a very enjoyable long weekend at the Great Dorset Steam fair, I noticed that there was a distinct lack of Indian/Pakistani/Asian motorhomers around.

Have i just not met any? (I love to meet lots of people from different walks of life/religions and have a good old chat)

Ali xx

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Same with narrowboats........Only the one family, years ago, and they were on a hired boat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Similar theme, no farmers, just the one sells his own stuff under the name the black farmer

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Not a chance,only ever saw one Asian family camping,that was at Sheepcote valley.Really funny,they had matresses and suitcases.Did the usual thing and kept themselves to themselves.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have met many non-white-European campers this summer.
Every race and nationality that you can imagine.
Even an extended Malaysian family recently - about 15 people in a mixture of tents, caravans and motorhomes.
Pleasant folk.

But what is it with the Dutch?

Over the course of a month I might see one Spanish camper, two French, five German but then about 100 Dutch!
What makes the Netherlanders such keen travellers? :)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
A Dutch colleague once described his countrymen as "Wooden shoes, wooden heads, wouldn listen"
Another gem he came out with was "every Dutch man has an opinion and he will make sure you will listen to it"

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You hardly ever see ( oh my, this is gonna sound bad ) any of those people in the Lakes either, plenty of Chinkies though, they can't get enough of Beatrix Potter.
Dual language signs in Bo'ness and Ambleside are in English and Mandarin.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
I once saw an Asian family picnicking on the roundabout in Dock Road, Chatham, It was Chatham Navy day as I recall ! Did not see any transport nearby though! A couple of weeks back
I was caught up in the traffic jams for the Jala Salana a Moslem festival held on a farm near Farnham . Literally hundreds of Toyota Prius and Mercs on rout to the Farm. No caravans or motorhomes for overnighting though! Where do they stay I ask?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Even an extended Malaysian family recently - about 15 people in a mixture of tents, caravans and motorhomes.
Pleasant folk.

Over the course of a month I might see one Spanish camper, two French, five German but then about 100 Dutch!
The Netherlands :( can't blame them for leaving, worst place we've been

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I asked a friend of mine from Bangladesh and he said it wasn't part of their lives at all. Camping, caravans, motorhomes just do not figure in there lives.

OP
OP
amentalcat

amentalcat

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
Blimey, I just want to ad that I really hope this post doesn't get taken in the wrong way - its purely me being very nosy. I would hate to think I have offended any one :eek:.

Ali x

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
If anything like the Packastani's near us they have no time for leisure activities, running paper shops 24/7.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Pleasant folk.

The Dutch smoke that much Mad Monk they forget where they live:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Your suffering from double vision. :( There's really only 50. (y) If your still unsure, count their clogs, and divide by 2. :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I know an extended indian hindu and british mixed race family who regularly caravan together. lovely people and certainly not private about discussing the cultural differences. this just reminded me i havent been on a rally or ths with them for a couple of years. hope they are all keeping well

Have also met several Thai and philipino ladies who have married european men and caravan or motorhome with them

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As some may recall we have neighbours across the road of Pakistani ancestry. Ali always asks how we enjoyed our trips but has never expressed a desire to have a motorhome. His sons, though, would love one if they could afford it.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Not seen any Indians......
But I've met loads of Cowboys on Motohome dealer sales sites.
Bo Boom....I'll get me coat:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

A few Cowboys on here too - Gunfight At The OK Coral being re-enacted in a number of current threads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back