Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi all
my wife and i are looking to buy an american b class but dont know which way to go we like the lexington 255 but i have been up to newbury today and saw a winnebago aspect petrol , i have not owned a petrol vehicle for over 25 years and dont really know what they are like i must say i do like this winnebago, any advice please ,also filling up in europe etc does the advantage of lpg still apply in the uk and europe we are not looking at anything over 27foot.
thanks
clive:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi clive,
i dont know a lot about ARVs but i do know they are thirsty.

with a 6 or 7liter petrol engine a fat wallet or an LPG convertion is definately on the cards:thumb:

costwise, LPG should give you the equivilent to 20/25MPG:thumb:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi griffs,we have a fourwinds dutchmen dorado.ours is 31ft but they do 2 other dorados which are shorter.it has 3 slide-outs.it has a ford 6.8 V10 engine.when we bought it ,it already had an lpg conversion which was a real bonus.we love it.its a great rv.you can see our album on the rv owners club site:thumb:regards brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
hi clive,
i dont know a lot about ARVs but i do know they are thirsty.

with a 6 or 7liter petrol engine a fat wallet or an LPG convertion is definately on the cards:thumb:

costwise, LPG should give you the equivilent to 20/25MPG:thumb:

Perhaps a bit optimistic there Pappa:Sad:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Are you looking at buying here in the UK or going to the USA and importing??

Go to USA you will save £1000s especially if its a brand new vehicle:thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Griffs

I have actually driven that Winnie Aspect that you saw at the Show (and at the risk of being called biased and ridiculed from all and sundry because of my sponsorship by Itchyfeet) I can honestly assure you that it is a lovely vehicle to drive and will return you about about 9 MPG if you treat it as a car. You can get about 10mpg if you have a light right foot but you will drop it to 8mpg if you treat it like a ferrari!

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
An LPG conversion is deffo for U.S R.V's, o.k you dont get much over 10 miles to the gallon but in what you save in real cash (U.S v europian MH) they are great value for money and afterall..........Winnebago have always been the leaders when it comes to practicality/ comfort and userbillity.

IT'S A WINNIE DUDE!!!...................enough said :winky:

Boo

OP
OP
Griffs

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
b+ american

thanks to all for your information, and dick if the figures ad up we may see you in a week or so:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Good luck with your search .. just to clarify, it is a B class or a C class ?

B class are converted panel vans.. all the RVs mentioned so far are C class, coach built on truck chassis ..

Jim its a B+ class which is a slimmed down C class :thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
The B+ tends to not have the over cab bed as it is used for the TV etc and they are only about 93-95" wide, they do still have slides though (mine had 3!!!) and tend to be a bit lighter then a standard C class.

I think they are the ideal compromise for the UK due to the slim width but they do still burn fuel at a scary rate :winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back