Getting too old for getting dressed in a tent (1 Viewer)

TeamMarri

Free Member
Sep 3, 2015
North West UK
Funster No
MH
McLouis Glen
Exp
Hi

After what seems like a million years of camping with our tent, we have upgraded to a McLouis Glen motorhome. We haven't had the opportunity to use it yet due to some unexpected surgery but have a booked a few days away over Christmas.

Looking forward to joining the motorhome family.

Cheers

TeamMarri

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Welcome to the world of motorhoming,we swapped from a 6 berth tent to a 4 berth A class Frankia.Tent is now sold.

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Hi you will find it so much easier than camping in a tent, just pull up, swivel seats and put the kettle on, just brill (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi and welcome.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
:welc:
Ah yes a tent, I remember those, nasty things. All metal poles and canvas, then we had a tin tent, all legs and water containers. Much better now. (y)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Welcome and enjoy. As said before..park..gas on...kettle on. Or even quicker..park....bottle opener.....vino :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
welcome! It was my poor back that demanded we move on from camping:censored:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Hi and welcome to the fun. (y)
:welc:
Ah yes a tent, I remember those, nasty things. All metal poles and canvas, then we had a tin tent, all legs and water containers. Much better now. (y)

Okay you saved 15 minutes setting up, but what then?

Need some shopping? Is there a local bus? Can I walk to the shops? Oooh the water tank is empty? Where is the nearest tap? Will my hose reach or will I have to move again?
Want to look around the area? Is it walk able? Is there a Bus stop nearby?

There are so many advantages to a Tin Tent and Car, OK I can't free camp but I rarely did anyway, and you get so much more "Bang for your Bucks"
Having had both MH and Tin Tent, it's Tugging all the way for me now

:cooler:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi and welcome to the fun. (y)

Okay you saved 15 minutes setting up, but what then?

Need some shopping? Is there a local bus? Can I walk to the shops? Oooh the water tank is empty? Where is the nearest tap? Will my hose reach or will I have to move again?
Want to look around the area? Is it walk able? Is there a Bus stop nearby?

There are so many advantages to a Tin Tent and Car, OK I can't free camp but I rarely did anyway, and you get so much more "Bang for your Bucks"
Having had both MH and Tin Tent, it's Tugging all the way for me now

Motorhoming for me is all about touring. Then when I want to settle for a day or two, it is for walking or cycling or even motorcycling, it is NOT about having a car to go off in, probably why I was never a tugger.

Foresight and planning means I will already have done the shopping, I will have put sufficient water on board and can quite easily collect more and if I want to look round an area, I do just that.

Anyway, Welcome to this mixture of peeps called MotorHome Fun, as you can see there are all-sorts on here... :wink:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Motorhoming for me is all about touring. Then when I want to settle for a day or two, it is for walking or cycling or even motorcycling, it is NOT about having a car to go off in, probably why I was never a tugger.

Foresight and planning means I will already have done the shopping, I will have put sufficient water on board and can quite easily collect more and if I want to look round an area, I do just that.

Anyway, Welcome to this mixture of peeps called MotorHome Fun, as you can see there are all-sorts on here... :wink:

Strange as it may seem you can also tour with a Caravan, wherever a MH can tour so can a Caravan.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back