Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
So, my first question. What dealers can you suggest I visit that have a large range of 'homes to view? We've got easy access to M1 (around Watford Gap) and regularly trot over to Wolverhampton so M6/M40 are also within easy reach. We've been to Heart of England Motorhomes (had our heads turned by Burstners) and Venture Caravans (suspicious damp smells in two mohos) as they're close by. Looking for somewhere that will make our journey worthwhile and obviously will try and kill a few birds with one stone. Thanks!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know what they are called off hand but there's a good one for walking around at gaily crossroads just off the m6 / a5 near cannock

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
This may be worth a trip if you have time
Broken Link Removed
motorhomeandcaravanshows.co.uk/autumn/
The annual UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show will take place on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th September 2015 at Newark Showground, Newark-On Trent, ...
It's is quite a way for you as a day trip but overall you may save a lot of running around.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Don't know what they are called off hand but there's a good one for walking around at gaily crossroads just off the m6 / a5 near cannock
Go European. We bought our Carthago from them and found them easy and pleasant to deal with.
They are a family company so you are often dealing with the boss who has to care about their reputation.

Richard.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Go European. We bought our Carthago from them and found them easy and pleasant to deal with.
They are a family company so you are often dealing with the boss who has to care about their reputation.

Richard.
That's them, if you want pushy salesmen don't go here, you can wander around looking at all the different makes at your own leisure but if you want to know something specific about one just ask, there is a garden centre next door with cafes and stuff , so you can make a day of it if you want, I have nothing to do with them , never bought anything off them but walked round many times when we were deciding what we wanted.(y)

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hayes Leisure at Darlaston - not far off M6 - another family company with a good reputation.
Travelworld, Telford - usually got a good stock of very nice vans - not cheap, but well worth a look.
Morans of Ludlow - further off the beaten track, but a trip to Ludlow is always a pleasure - another good family business.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know we are getting a big area now but this is another excellent place that we visited, no pressure at all just ask for the keys you want and you can look round all day, again we didn't buy but we was one of the best blokes we met in our search.
http://www.caravansandcampersltd.co.uk

Upvote 0

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Just bought our Auto Trail from Travelworld nr Telford.

Good access off the M54 and pleased with their service.

One negative point for me is their cleaners don't clean like

they should !!

Could have been presented better in my opinion.

We dealt with Karl.....A really nice bloke where nothing was

too much trouble..He wasn't very impressed with the

overall presentation when I started to point things out !!

He had the majority put right but in the end I said leave it.

To be fair it was never going to be up to my standard....

OCD strikes again !!!!!:LOL:

Regards

John P(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Have you tried Elite at Banbury?

:cooler:
No, not yet, good call. I think they're in Middleton Cheyney, so I might whip down there next week. I'm 'watching' a van of theirs on ebay as it happens.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Just a thought, but when I'm looking for a S/H van I look on Autotrader first, then I make a list of what I want to see and where they are before I set off.

:cooler:
Thanks, good advice. I've been looking on ebay and had a couple of forays into Autotrader but that would certainly give our visits some focus.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
This may be worth a trip if you have time
Broken Link Removed
motorhomeandcaravanshows.co.uk/autumn/
The annual UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show will take place on Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th September 2015 at Newark Showground, Newark-On Trent, ...
It's is quite a way for you as a day trip but overall you may save a lot of running around.
That didn't get a rousing response from Mr TB, so maybe we'll stick to the dealers for now, though thank you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
These all sound like possible places to trot off to for a spot of pre-match viewing before a

Richard.

Cotswold Motorhomes are a lovely family business not far from Junction 9 of the M5.

http://cotswoldmotorcaravans.co.uk/

That's them, if you want pushy salesmen don't go here, you can wander around looking at all the different makes at your own leisure but if you want to know something specific about one just ask, there is a garden centre next door with cafes and stuff , so you can make a day of it if you want, I have nothing to do with them , never bought anything off them but walked round many times when we were deciding what we wanted.(y)

Hayes Leisure at Darlaston - not far off M6 - another family company with a good reputation.
Travelworld, Telford - usually got a good stock of very nice vans - not cheap, but well worth a look.
Morans of Ludlow - further off the beaten track, but a trip to Ludlow is always a pleasure - another good family business.

I know we are getting a big area now but this is another excellent place that we visited, no pressure at all just ask for the keys you want and you can look round all day, again we didn't buy but we was one of the best blokes we met in our search.
http://www.caravansandcampersltd.co.uk

Just bought our Auto Trail from Travelworld nr Telford.

Good access off the M54 and pleased with their service.

One negative point for me is their cleaners don't clean like

they should !!

Could have been presented better in my opinion.

We dealt with Karl.....A really nice bloke where nothing was

too much trouble..He wasn't very impressed with the

overall presentation when I started to point things out !!

He had the majority put right but in the end I said leave it.

To be fair it was never going to be up to my standard....

OCD strikes again !!!!!:LOL:

Regards

John P(y)
home game of the (once) Mighty Wanderers. And I'd have no bother persuading Mr TB to go to Ludlow for the day either, so thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
Thank you. Went to Elite at Banbury yesterday and sat in several - and in several loos, too. It's given me a bit more of an idea of what to look for and reinforced what I definitely don't want . One smelt very strongly of wee - yeuch!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So, my first question. What dealers can you suggest I visit that have a large range of 'homes to view? We've got easy access to M1 (around Watford Gap) and regularly trot over to Wolverhampton so M6/M40 are also within easy reach. We've been to Heart of England Motorhomes (had our heads turned by Burstners) and Venture Caravans (suspicious damp smells in two mohos) as they're close by. Looking for somewhere that will make our journey worthwhile and obviously will try and kill a few birds with one stone. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Heart of England are excellent dealers,,,,bought AutoCruise off them in 2008,,superb service. BUSBY:):)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
We thought HofE were very impressive when we went there, but things a bit out of our price range, so probably need to go back every now and again.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There's one dealer in Northamptonshire to be wary of if you haven't already been warned off them. PM me if you want, shouldn't really name them on an open thread.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
There's one dealer in Northamptonshire to be wary of if you haven't already been warned off them. PM me if you want, shouldn't really name them on an open thread.

Why not,,if no good they deserve it,,,BUSBY.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TallBlonde

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
I would if I could see how to PM you! Am on phone at mo and not sure where to find the answer.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Click on person you want to PM's avatar,then
'Start a conversation'

Upvote 0