Our first tour in Maurice (the motor home) (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi,

Well I thought I would give you a run through of our first trip in our motorhome, we have toured Europe 6 times in tents and a trailer tent but this is our first time in luxury.

We left North Wales on Thursday to go to Fareham for a wedding on the Friday, the drive down was slow and restful keeping to a roads rather than motorways . We left the campsite on the Saturday and took a nice quiet drive down to Plymouth and spent a night in the Riverside campsite which was a tad expensive but it was our holiday so what the hell.

Caught the ferry on Sunday and had a nice calm crossing to Santander. Arrived and drove to Luarca which we visited last year and enjoyed it so decided to have 2 nights here this time and we are glad we did. We are off to Lugo tomorrow. If you want more let me know and I will write more

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Pleased to hear you are enjoying your van, it must seem quite luxurious after tent camping!

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Good for you, enjoy your trip and keep us informed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Glad your enjoying your trip... (y)

And what a Superb, Fabulous name for a M/home... :wink:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bb wales
Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Hi all,

Thanks for your comments, yes Maurice is amazing compared to the tents, set up in minutes truly great.

Yesterday we woke up to rain in Luarca so decided to leave and follow our nose, we headed for Lugo then Leon until we reached Burgos and must admit to having sun as we drove Leon was interesting all high rise and tight roads hence for getting out of there quickly. Arrived in Burgos to find her heaven, 3 hyper markets next to one another but I did find Mahou at 11 Euros for 24 cans might be bringing some of that back. The camp site it quite large with parking very much up to you so with our European cousins it is not regimented like a club I could mention. Just done a tour of the cathedral in Burgos very good it is too.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Nah then.
Nice blog and nice photos......keep em coming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: LAM
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bb wales
Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Hi,

We left Burgos today and headed for Lograno but turned off for Cincero which is the home of my favourite wine Marquis de Caseres, after a look around very posh and modern I bought a couple of bottles...no sorry that is a lie I bought 6 cases, when you consider a bottle costs ÂŁ14 in Majestic and a case costs 38 Euro here makes sense really, we have a tour of the winery and tasting tomorrow prior to heading for Tosdesillas. Sorry but not photos today, will try to improve tomorrow.

Regards

Bob

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back