"Dealers reluctant to get involved" (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2012
Worthing.West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Empty Nest
Exp
Since 1972
In the October Practical Motorhome Nick Harding says in his "Buy and Own" column

"I can't predict what impact the Consumer Rights Act 2015 will have when it takes effect on 1 October
except that dealers may be reluctant to get involved with pre- owned vehicles as part- exchanges or resales"

Does anyone know any more about this as, on the face of it, this could appear to have huge implications on those wishing to trade in their vans if it is correct?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Golly Gosh! Do you think this means we are catching up with more robust European consumer legislation at last? and dealers will have to take responsibility for used vans they sell on instead of shrugging their shoulders?

honestly.... Whatever next!:D

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

I very much hope the dodgy ones go bust and the decent ones survive and offer good service to their customers (as a few do at the moment)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I very much hope the dodgy ones go bust and the decent ones survive and offer good service to their customers (as a few do at the moment)

they wont have a choice hopefully.....there has been to many horse traders involved in used market here..We were lamentably behind European legislation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
MH traders will continue to flout consumer legislation because consumers are not fully aware of their rights
I'm sure most of them aren't even aware of the new legislation

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not a lot new in these regs. For many years the law has required goods to be of satisfactory quality. The big difference is the 30 day period for rejection, and the ability to suspend it. Before you just had a reasonable period from memory, and that always caused arguments. .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Not a lot new in these regs. For many years the law has required goods to be of satisfactory quality. The big difference is the 30 day period for rejection, and the ability to suspend it. Before you just had a reasonable period from memory, and that always caused arguments. .
Does that mean they can drive it around/holiday in it,for 30 dayso_O:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back