Hallo from sunny (at the moment) South Wales (1 Viewer)

Mrs.Mallard

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Just hoping
Exp
No experience
Hi there.
I'm not sure I'm even a newbie, as my only experience of "camping", as such, is Carry On Camping and I hope things have moved on from there!

I'm hoping to buy a MH in the next 12 months for me, OH and dog to explore initally Britain, then maybe the near Continent, if I can get over my worry about driving "on the wrong side"!

At the moment fantasising about a Burstner Travel Van, Adria Compact SL, Hymer compact thingie. Width is an issue as I'd like to park it on my drive which is 2.8 m with an extra 4-5 cm maybe to open the doors.

Looks like motor homing might be an addictive hobby! If this forum is anything to go by, MH folk appear very welcoming and helpful

Good wishes

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board from another duckpond ;)(y)

Joining up on here and paying the tenner to fully subscribe will probably be the cheapest tenner you ever spend (funster discounts on lots of stuff to subscribed members).

Lots of relevant information and good banter. Some of the information is even useful ;)

Enjoy.

P.S. We have a similar issue with part of our driveway and need to reverse up a slope with only a few inches to spare either side (A class bus mirrors... :doh:) but with care and practice it isn't an issue though access is tight

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
image.jpg

lilacben

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
wellington. somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi and welcome...do hope it will not be too long before you get on the road... we are complete newbies and just raring to go...in Somerset ..at the moment beautiful sun? but chilly...oh dear summer is on its way out now... Nevermind we can still go away.! x

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome aboard, things have moved on a bit since carry on camping but if you want to keep posting then that will be another £10 please missus, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from Eastbourne and :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun