John Lewis and my Asus Transformer. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Two elements to this topic. I purchased an Asus transformer book for my granddaughter back in February from John Lewis. Great little Windows unit including office.
The first one developed a fault, it wouldn't start. Tried reset and everything else suggested by the help line but still blank. Returned the unit to John Lewis who replaced it without hesitation.
This one worked well for a month then same fault appeared would not start. Back to JL again replaced it no problem.
This one worked well for a month then same fault appeared would not start. Back to JL this time I said I dont want another and was immediately offered a full refund without hesitation.
Knock that excellent service if you can because I cant. This is the main reason that I tend to use JL for such purchase's, great services.

What about this Asus, anyone else had similar faults with the Transformer Book.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have always had excellent service from John Lewis. Will buy electrical from either JL or Amazon both are great if a fault occurs, they always put the customer first. Well in opinion they have.

We bought a mattress from JL and after 5 months i noticed an issue with it. JL said the manufacturer sends out an inspector, but even if they deem it to not have a problem we will replace it anyway. He said JL believe that a happy customer will be better advertising than an unhappy one.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What about this Asus, anyone else had similar faults with the Transformer Book.

I have one of the early 10" Asus Transformers on Android, never missed a beat. Top maker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have one of the early 10" Asus Transformers on Android, never missed a beat. Top maker.
Dont get me wrong Brian I'm not knocking Asus or this transformer, it is a great bit of kit but I think this particular modal has an issue with this not starting.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dont get me wrong Brian I'm not knocking Asus or this transformer, it is a great bit of kit but I think this particular modal has an issue with this not starting.

I wrote that thinking, "is windows the problem ?" since their hardware is good.

Or it could be the hardware in which case Google is your friend.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I wrote that thinking, "is windows the problem ?" since their hardware is good.

Or it could be the hardware in which case Google is your friend.
I did google much via Windows and Asus, I found a number of identical non start reports but could never find a fix or reason for it. It could also be a charger charging problem leaving the unit flat without any indication and a battery that can only be accessed by removing screws, which I resisted. If a unit doesn't respond to the on switch it is difficult to trace any fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
The one I am using to type this was bought 12 months ago and has worked faultlessly since(tempting providence!!!) but it has mainly been used as a secondary device to a bigger laptop but is a great versatile piece of kit.

Main problem is that it came with windows 8.1 and I cannot get windows mail to transfer data from the Vista on my laptop, why do they keep changing things.......if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a battery that can only be accessed by removing screws, which I resisted.

Quite right to resist, not your problem. But better off than mine, no screws, you have to go in with a crowbar.

Odd that many reports of fault but not identified.

Not to worry, but as the man said "choose your next tablet very carefully Mr Bond, it may be your last".

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I've had my Asus Transformer T100 for a few months and it's runs perfectly.

Updated to W10 a couple of weeks age and (touch wood) all OK.

I agree with buying from John Lewis, I will only buy Tech. stuff from anyone else, if JL don't stock it.

:cooler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back