Filthy lorry drivers,regulation needed! (1 Viewer)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick of seeing bottles of piss and human excrement either in bags or loose on the floor in the hedgerows and lay-bys up and down the country .
It's about time the government made it a legal requirement for lorries and vans with sleeper cabs or tachos to have toilet facilities !
I hear some comical debates on here, about grey waste,that when you open your eyes compare a cows fart to a nuclear reactor leak !

Vlad

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
have also noticed it.. but I'm thinking it not just truck drivers..

but even where there are facilities, ie motorway services, they still piss up against the wheel rather than walk 50 yrds to the toilet..

.. on hot day the smell of rancid urine would make your stomach churn..

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
All down to lorry drivers, then, Vlad?

Not saying it's all down to lorry drivers John ,however I think car drivers are a bit more flexible on where and when they stop.
I work in construction mainly building warehouses on new or existing industrial estates ,frequented by numerous lorries from all over Europe ,piss and shit aplenty,seldom see a car parked up!

As far as nappies go it's well known amongst the driving and travelling community you can shit into one ,wipe your arse ,then seal the bundle and eject the package when convenient!

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not all down to lorry drivers, but many do, especially the foreign ones

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Not saying it's all down to lorry drivers John ,however I think car drivers are a bit more flexible on where and when they stop.
I work in construction mainly building warehouses on new or existing industrial estates ,frequented by numerous lorries from all over Europe ,piss and shit aplenty,seldom see a car parked up!

As far as nappies go it's well known amongst the driving and travelling community you can shit into one ,wipe your arse ,then seal the bundle and eject the package when convenient!

Vlad

Vlad,
Your thread title is aimed squarely at "filthy lorry drivers".
Do you work for Plod? They always go for the easy target , too.
Your comment about drivers crapping in nappies takes the biscuit.
They get deposited from cars and MHs and they are from idle inconsiderate parents.
Some lorry drivers aren't blameless, but then neither are car / MH / caravan outfit drivers.

Are they to be exempt from your regulations?

Last edited:

Deleted User
"Truckers tizer" as it was referred to on the recent motorway workers programme.

Not always lorry drivers, but the vast majority is (deadlines to meet and all that)

Not sure about the poo bit though, quite a challenge to do a "clean job" (or clean jobbie :D ) I would have thought.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
"Truckers tizer" as it was referred to on the recent motorway workers programme.

Not always lorry drivers, but the vast majority is (deadlines to meet and all that)

Not sure about the poo bit though, quite a challenge to do a "clean job" (or clean jobbie :D ) I would have thought.

As a past HGV driver I would not only question this "vast majority" statement, but like many other drivers I take offence at it, as I do at the OP.

If we are to generalise, can we say the "vast majority" of MH owners empty their shit on beaches?

Same principle.
Same bollox.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Probably not all lorry drivers but stop in any layby for a stretch of the legs and it stinks of urine , yuk :Eeek:
I think its time there were more frequent toilet facilities on our major trunk roads, maybe earth toilet types, a big hole in the ground in a shed, nothing posh it would be trashed.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Regulation needed ?
I don't think so
Laws already exist but we just don't have enough police
Time for a gov rethink on how to pay for it ?
That's easy is it not but just needs a gov figure to implement the idea
If I was a copper I could easy make upwards from a grand a day on mobile phone use alone

Deleted User
As a past HGV driver I would not only question this "vast majority" statement, but like many other drivers I take offence at it, as I do at the OP.

If we are to generalise, can we say the "vast majority" of MH owners empty their shit on beaches?

Same principle.
Same bollox.

I didn't say that the vast majority of lorry drivers did it, I said that the vast majority of "tizer" is from lorry drivers.

Big difference

Take offence all you like, nothing happens (y)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Never used to witness it years ago.

Perhaps it is a tradition of our Eastern European HGV drivers rather than the rather more considerate drivers of Johnp10's ilk.

I think it would be fair to say that our logistics industry now employs a huge number of foreign drivers.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
You're right, mickyc.
Nothing happens, so offensive is ok.

No problem, I'll leave you to empty your shit in the sand dunes.

(Assuming generalisation is the norm.)

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Not sure any single group is responsible for all this but, what I will say is that many roadside café type places will not accept an LGV (purely because they can get 3 or 4 cars in the same space and each car will be carrying 3 or 4 people) so the drivers are forced to use laybys to stop and just how many public toilets do you see away from the town centre i.e. where the truck driver can get ready access?

I guess no one would complain if the government suddenly considered putting in more facilities for the truck driver and raised taxes to do so then?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
You don't see it in Europe due to simple fact truck drivers have parking that in the main is free or minimum cost with facility's for washing and toilets
What do we have £20 a night on shit services and meals that they could possible afford
Once again euro land puts us to shame
Even down here in Croatia it's a little crude but most of laybys have chemical toilets and bins

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
When my dear old departed dad came to live with me in the Charente in 2003 ,you saw no litter or offensive material!! on the roads or,hard shoulder,eventually one day when I was driving he said"Why are all these people chucking bottles of Lucozade out of their cars and trucks"I explained.
Recently on all the main entry points to the Charente big boards have gone up in many European languages saying"Please don't throw your rubbish out!!
Not made a blind bit of difference,BUT we don't know what nationality is disposing of their waste do we!!

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Same principle.
Same bollox.

You may have taken offence John but I didn't mean to offend you.
The simple fact is that you may get the odd cassette emptied by some inconsiderate motor-homers in places ,however in aires,wild camping spots and areas where Mh's gather you never see the volumes of excremental waste you see in lay-bus and areas where lorries park?
The fact is most Mh owners have a toilet and would rather use them than piss in a bottle or crap in a bag.
Lorry drivers ,apart from a few,have no such facilities so when parked up and nature calls do what they must.
The volume of waste leads me to believe that more than a few are at it !
We have lorry drivers at work and a few of my friends are professional drivers ,when asked about it they're not proud but admit to "Doing what they have to " .
All of them would rather use some sort of cassette toilet if only it were there!

Vlad

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think that it is all down to lack of facilities. The council in Dover has closed nearly all of the ones in the Town and in the countryside there is nothing. I will not travel into London as I do not know where I can go to the toilet after the train. As I and most others of my age have a prostate problem with sudden urgent needs I have to plan my travels. The MH is no problem and is the reason I have one. I can travel where I like to and not have to worry. When I worked for a large transport company I had four drivers with bladder cancer caused by urine retention and they were all heavy smokers, that concentrates the carcinogens in the bladder for a driving period of four hours, until they took a break for legal reasons.
Cheap savings by those authorities that do not care about the public is almost criminal.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I dont get how men want to pee in a bottle. My dog regularly picks ip a bottle in the park that looks like Pee. Why would men prefer to this than just pee against a tree for example

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Ahh...
All this tolerance, understanding, fair play and stiff upper lips.
Makes you proud to be British!!

Opps... Wrong thread(n)
Spud.

Deleted User
You're right, mickyc.
Nothing happens, so offensive is ok.

No problem, I'll leave you to empty your shit in the sand dunes.

(Assuming generalisation is the norm.)

"offensive" really? :LOL:

Putting someone in a cage and setting fire to them is offensive.

Saying truckers pee in bottles whilst driving is a FACT. I know because I worked as an HGV mechanic for 5 years (and I can assure you it didn't all go in the bottle)

No generalisation here, but evidence seen with my own eyes (and smelt with my own nostrils)

Yes "trucker tizer" exists folks, ive seen it, touched it, and smelt it.

Some lorry drivers have filthy habits, not all, but the majority of yellow liquid found at the side of the road in pop bottles comes from the profession that "keeps Britain moving"

Anyone suggesting otherwise is just being silly ;)

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
You see just as many car drivers having a pee in lay-bys as you do trucks but as a truck driver myself I will admit there are some dirty vile truckers on our roads, try parking in the HGV parking in a motorway services, it stinks of urine from drivers too lazy to walk to the toilets, really really annoys me.

Off the motorway network there are almost no toilet facilities outside of truck stops which are now few and far between and petrol stations, not all of these are accessible by trucks and at night a large number are closed.

As for putting toilets in trucks, not sure where they would go, or who in reality would pay for them, bit of a non starter to say the least.

Until we have toilets, nothing fancy is needed, in lay-bys truckers and other road users will just have to use the verge and bushes, when you have to go you have to go.

As for the notion of truckers in nappies peeing and crapping themselves as they drive up the roads, hilarious! Just hilarious!

Truckers tizer does exist but in 20 years driving up and down our roads and stopping in lay-bys it isn't an epidemic, and I've seen it coming out of as many car windows as truck windows, remember truckers have to stop for legal breaks and most truckers use this as a toilet stop as well.

Just as a footnote, truckers have a high instance of urinary tract infections, bladder problems and kidney infections due to a lack of toilet facilities and 'holding it in' for too long, which is also very dangerous in a crash( this is why racing drivers pee in their racing suits if they need to go)

Last edited:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Is there not a law, still in place that allows HGV drivers to pee against the near side front wheel? This did used to be the case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back