Read only (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
:) Hello again. Could some of you kind people explain (I'm Blonde) what all this read only stuff is. I have looked on the help page to no avail. I have subscribed but still see glasses by my name.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Someone can register on MHF and they get 5 free posts. After that they become read only until they pay £10. Or, it is someone who has not renewed their subscription.

Glasses are a sign you are watching a thread. By default any thread you start you will watch. You will then get alerts when someone posts something on them.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The glasses symbol isn't read only, it just signifies that you are watching the thread concerned :)

You must be subscribed properly or you couldn't have started this thread :):welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can alter some of the things you see by clicking on your user name in the top menu, not the one beside your avatar, the one above it. You can then choose to un-check things, for example, you can deselect seeing folk's signatures, which I find very useful as some of them are huge! You can also now (and this is recent I think) un-check alerts about new showcase items which pop-up as a red flag along the top menu. After making any changes make sure one of the options in "alert signs in chat" is selected, you will probably want "No". If you don't make a selection here it won't remember the changes you made above.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back