Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
a friend of mine is stuck on the ferry he's calling them pirates not a happy teddy bare thee very upset children and a nagging wife
bill

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
TV BBC 1
Just saying it is blokked

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can you imagine that ever being tolerated at Dover docks ?

The French authorities are spineless and gutless jellyfish ... maybe it's time we boycotted France as a holiday destination..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Never use Dover Calais crossing now,,,Newhaven or Portsmouth for me...access so much easier from where i live. BUSBY.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Pity they didn't have 'principles and guts' when the Germans were invading in 1940. A few blocked roads then could have helped, instead, they all ran and hid under the stairs. (y)
Now now @Tootles
You know that ain't true !
To boot....
Most of them live in bungalows !

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Stop whinging you lot.:):)(y);)

Its not closed we came through this morning no problems no delays no big queues of trucks and no immigrants.
Too much time spent reading tabloids or watching BBC news and not enough travelling.;);)
According to Euro tunnel website on the way down this morning there was a very very short delay on the French side.
Currently sat on Gravelines aire just watched yesterday's motogp on my mifi thingy. Waiting for Jan to get my roast dinner ready if she doesn't get a move on I'll have retrain her all over again.:eek:
Off to Nuremburg tomorrow on our way to Croatia.(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I was going to give you a big like but the sexism inexcusable so your going without:)

Might just let you off if you do the washing up..

As you say people are wound up as tight as a drum by all the media BS and they swallow it because it enforces their prejudices on the most part...

Have a lovely trip...

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Stop whinging you lot.:):)(y);)

Its not closed we came through this morning no problems no delays no big queues of trucks and no immigrants.
Too much time spent reading tabloids or watching BBC news and not enough travelling.;);)
According to Euro tunnel website on the way down this morning there was a very very short delay on the French side.
Currently sat on Gravelines aire just watched yesterday's motogp on my mifi thingy. Waiting for Jan to get my roast dinner ready if she doesn't get a move on I'll have retrain her all over again.:eek:
Off to Nuremburg tomorrow on our way to Croatia.(y)
Come on get a move on

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have had one of the finest Moules avec frites in gravelines ever... Bars expensive though

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Having been stuck in calais for 9 hours yesterday it was definately accurate reporting in that it was closed completely and tgere were thousands of people there.
The P&O ground staff were worse than useless and didnt offer information or updates, and had to literally be cornered to say anything.
There was hail and thunderstorms and people got soaked through. No assistance offered to anyone. I counted 3 people being taken away by ambulance fro the port (elderly from what i could gather).

It was my ferry link workers who had taken small boats out and were circling the entrance to the port meaning they stopped all ferries in and out.
I really cant see how the way they strike and protest can be legal bearing in mind the disruption and economic impact.

At least we had the motorhome.

From the migrant point of view there were the usual shanty town type of settlements along the motorway, with a van full of police at the start of the security fencing (althougb only one was out of the van keeping watch).

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
I really cant see how the way they strike and protest can be legal bearing in mind the disruption and economic impact.
It probably isn't.
But it's better to leave them than antagonise them more and lead them to burning whatever comes to hand or risk your office being filled with excrement ..... or worse !
The French take a proactive direct approach to striking that leads to maximum disruption...... especially the farmers who use horsepower to stop everything moving.

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Old saying (guide my life by them!) - "believe nothing that you hear and only half of what your see"
Baltic coast in 3 weeks, yes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back