Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Link Removed Has any one had any experience of this outfit ?? some friends of ours have, they would not like to experience it again..when they booked in at the beginning of April they were quoted £19.50 and upon arrival they were charged £22.00 !!and when their daughter unexpectedly arrived with a small MH she was charged £28.00..not bad eh ?? many others on the site had the same experience. Also the bar had no prices displayed (lager £3.00 per half pint) and the restaurant prices were meals from ££££. This obviously a site to be avoided.....Or get prices in writing >>>>>:Angry: :Angry: :Angry:....no wonder that we get so few foreign motor homers !!!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Being Bath based during the summer months I have knowledge of this site.

It is a beautiful site but proves that all that glitters is not gold.

The last time I had need to go there the woman in the reception (who I took to be the wife of the owner) was rude and showed dreadful prejudice towards the German guests who were asking reasonable questions at the time.

I tried to negoiate with the owner about using his black water dump spot as I had just got my classic Hymer which came with a fixed tank. I said I would pay to use it and after putting up all sorts of ridiculous arguments he reluctantly let me for £5. He made it clear he didn't want me back and I have been happy to oblige!

The Bath Marina and Campsite (still pretty expensive) let me empty my porta potty and fill my water tanks free of charge and have done so for years...

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
The last time I had need to go there the woman in the reception (who I took to be the wife of the owner) was rude and showed dreadful prejudice towards the German guests who were asking reasonable questions at the time.

Thoughts of Faulty Towers comes to mind :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I am sad and ashamed to say we are now used to the rip off regime in the UK. We are at the moment travelling through France with sites that put The Caravan Club to shame for about £10 per night. Is it not about time we had a genuine Motorhome body to act on our behalf to create Aires? Most of the UK caravan and camping organisations are just ripping us off. I'm aware we need not use them but it is becoming a very cosy business having national sites and the power to dictate where we stay.
Lets have some national magazines or websites start to demand National Aires or are they frightened of loosing advertising revenue? I'm sure even with this websites popularity a lot of clout can be brought down on councils. Let's try to bring back the meaning of touring instead of having to book months and months in advance. We are motorhomers and like to tour if not we would buy a caravan (no offence intended).
Wiljoy

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Link Removed Has any one had any experience of this outfit ?? some friends of ours have, they would not like to experience it again..when they booked in at the beginning of April they were quoted £19.50 and upon arrival they were charged £22.00 !!and when their daughter unexpectedly arrived with a small MH she was charged £28.00..not bad eh ?? many others on the site had the same experience. Also the bar had no prices displayed (lager £3.00 per half pint) and the restaurant prices were meals from ££££. This obviously a site to be avoided.....Or get prices in writing >>>>>:Angry: :Angry: :Angry:....no wonder that we get so few foreign motor homers !!!!

Sometime ago I posted that I have only ever been to 2 UK camp sites and both were rip offs with bad service, for my trouble I was jumped on by a camp site owner and others because I also said that it was my experience that all sites were rip offs.

Two out of two is 100% so now I'm a confirmed wild camper, its nice to see that others are coming to the same conclusion that I did.

In my opinion most of the UK is populated by rip off merchants, from banks to manufacturing to politicians to charities.

I have my hat on,
Doug

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Sorry but I do not consider that I am ripping off my customers.:Angry:
You are entitled to your opinion but so am I.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Sometime ago I posted that I have only ever been to 2 UK camp sites and both were rip offs with bad service, for my trouble I was jumped on by a camp site owner and others because I also said that it was my experience that all sites were ripp offs

Two out of two is 100% so now I'm a confirmed wild camper, its nice to see that others are coming to the same conclusion that I did.

In my opinion most of the UK is populated by rip off merchants, from banks to manufacturing to politicians to charities.

I have my hat on,
Doug
I agree Doug watch out for the baseball bat hardhat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I am sad and ashamed to say we are now used to the rip off regime in the UK. We are at the moment travelling through France with sites that put The Caravan Club to shame for about £10 per night. Is it not about time we had a genuine Motorhome body to act on our behalf to create Aires? Most of the UK caravan and camping organisations are just ripping us off. I'm aware we need not use them but it is becoming a very cosy business having national sites and the power to dictate where we stay.
Lets have some national magazines or websites start to demand National Aires or are they frightened of loosing advertising revenue? I'm sure even with this websites popularity a lot of clout can be brought down on councils. Let's try to bring back the meaning of touring instead of having to book months and months in advance. We are motorhomers and like to tour if not we would buy a caravan (no offence intended).
Wiljoy

There was a campagain by one of the motorhome mags for stopovers (I've still got one of the stickers) Also the MCC are one of the few organizations who have been trying to push for stopovers similar to aires, it was one of our reasons for joining them.

Maybe we should start taking action by organising mass stopovers :RollEyes: problem is we are all too law abiding & when they send the local copper on his push bike & says we can't stay we would probably apoligise & move on. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back