Dealership Praise (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
This is really one for the moderators/regulators on this forum,on another forum, a user placed a thread concerning dealerships good or bad.I was wondering am I allowed to start a thread praising the dealership which I use.:thumb:

Is this allowed or is it a non starter,as the poster on the other forum had the posts removed there were posts for and against (ie) this dealer is good this dealer will not get my custom again etc etc.:Doh:

I await replies on here or as PMs from the moderators/regulators

Ray Stewart :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bad reports are treated carefully as they could easily be fake or malicious, They are best placed in our review section (which is presently broken :Blush:) Praise for a company is readily accepted and you can post it on the forum. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi Ray, Nice to hear you have found a GOOD dealer, keep him to yourself mate. At the moment I'm in France and a guy on the next pitch is shouting his disgust about a national UK dealership who he is trying to have legitimate repairs carried out under warranty with. If I were that dealer I would real him in like a fish and sort the mess out. He is a loose cannon and doesnt care what he says about them. I would not be surprised if he put his troublesome motorhome straight through one of there showroom windows. It is a long time since I have seen a customer so outraged and hellbent on ruining a dealer.
Wiljoy

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
This is really one for the moderators/regulators on this forum,on another forum, a user placed a thread concerning dealerships good or bad.I was wondering am I allowed to start a thread praising the dealership which I use.:thumb:

Is this allowed or is it a non starter,as the poster on the other forum had the posts removed there were posts for and against (ie) this dealer is good this dealer will not get my custom again etc etc.:Doh:

I await replies on here or as PMs from the moderators/regulators

Ray Stewart :winky:

Hi
I'm not going to do Jims job for him, but please read this Link Removed
Praise is good, bad mouthing is not so good. Try WATCHDOG, they've got the money to sue if necessary!! :thumb:
ATB
DaveT

OP
OP
mondo
Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Peter I suppose if anyone is singing the praise of one dealer yes fine ok!! but if they say SO and SO M/H Dealers are total A****E the dealers in question will no doubt have words with the forum/website in question as it could be termed slander/libel etc and it costs a few bob in court.:Doh:

I think a few of the posts in question said certain things about a large dealership in Newark!! and other dealers too!! just general comments about them being not very good and after sales service was'nt all it could be:winky::winky:

I think I'll just wait for a reply from the regulators etc!! cos I can't afford a solicitor at £150 an hour!!!:cry:

OP
OP
mondo
Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for your reply Jim I think I'll wait for the review section to get fixed then do the necessary and many thanks to all other posters on this topic/thread:thumb:

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Hi
I'm not going to do Jims job for him, but please read this Link Removed
Praise is good, bad mouthing is not so good. Try WATCHDOG, they've got the money to sue if necessary!! :thumb:
ATB
DaveT

Hi all not posted for some time.

On this issue, there is always differing points of view with dealers.

I have just had an excellent ( so far ) experience with a supplier who has been panned many times on web sites. But I made up my own mind from my own experience dealing with them, I'm no idiot and and can sniff out anyone unprofessional from a mile away.

Due diligence is always needed.

So I would suggest lets keep input to good experiences and advice and chat. That's what I keep coming back for.

It's good to read good things and see the support that members offer each other.

That's me done for now.

All the best

Happy travels

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Ray, Nice to hear you have found a GOOD dealer, keep him to yourself mate. At the moment I'm in France and a guy on the next pitch is shouting his disgust about a national UK dealership who he is trying to have legitimate repairs carried out under warranty with.
Wiljoy

Hi Wil,

If he has a Swift product, tell him to cantact us, we do not have a problem in carrying out warranty for them even if we did not supply the van, all part of our service.

Peter

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
I spent ages going round dealers for a year or too before getting our first motorhome last week.

My findings were its often the person you deal with rather than the company, one saleman may be lazy and lethargic but another in the same office will be fantastic, also find some dealers have a quick turn over of staff first vist results in poor staff vist six months later new staff are far better.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I wish I could praise the dealer I bought my last motorhome from but to me they've failed at all stages. I wouldn't recomend them or buy from them again.
On the other hand the dealer I bought from in Germany was excellent & I have only ever read good reports about him. Like many others I find that once they have your cash many dealers just don't seem to care.

At the moment I am trying to get some warranty work done locally & I am now finding that although some of the dealers I rang could carry out the warranty work but they won't once they found out I didn't buy the van from them. :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back