LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sick of buying 12v stuff that doesn't seem to work but finally bought an air pump that did so hopeful there are some good things out there.

I can't put it off any longer ................ I need a 12v iron. Can anyone recommend one THAT WORKS .... loads on market but if like my hairdryer can't blow seeds off a dandelion.

Thank you.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I am sure I am not imagining it, but I have a memory of a butane powered iron, works in a similar way to those portable hair thingies that ladies have. Pretty sure a 12v iron would be as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I will do a search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I am sure I am not imagining it, but I have a memory of a butane powered iron, works in a similar way to those portable hair thingies that ladies have. Pretty sure a 12v iron would be as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I will do a search.
Thank you... but don't spend too much time Daniel .. it looks like I am wasting my time doesn't it... So may I apologise to everyone in advance for looking scruffy and unkempt after doing my washing in the mh.. :) :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Look for an antique flat iron, heat on the gas ring.. that's what my mum used when we went camping..

or a Tilley paraffin iron, I have one I bought at a boot sale, but they only have two heats .., hot and blazing hot :LOL:

Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
charcoal ones they use in India ..weigh a ton though!:)

one of our main problems touring is lack 230v for wife's hairdryer...any ideas plse?

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

one of our main problems touring is lack 230v for wife's hairdryer...any ideas plse?
Eddie, I believe that's the main reason people go for a generator :)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I cannot recommend enough the mod that @Broken Link Removed did ( how to do is on here ) we now can use hairdryer, toaster, hair straighteners etc - plugging into any 230Volt socket on MH via inverter and solar replaces what we take it.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I cannot recommend enough the mod that @Broken Link Removed did ( how to do is on here ) we now can use hairdryer, toaster, hair straighteners etc - plugging into any 230Volt socket on MH via inverter and solar replaces what we take it.

That sounds good. :)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)

image.jpg
:)

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
This might not be all that helpful but we usually go to a campsite to use washing facilities and do what little ironing we need to do when hooked up . To be honest most of our MH gear does not need ironing and can be worn or hung up straight off the washing line or drier . I did have a butane iron years ago on our sailboat but it was difficult to get the temperature right .....it was either scorching hot or too cool .

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I usually iron my shirts with a wok, on the gas hob to warm it up, but you look too slim for that. x :LOL:
That's a brilliant idea :) Why didn't I think of that... Good on ya. :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
12v iron Joy :rofl:......no need to remove your cloths to iron them as the iron will never get hot enough to take out creases let alone burn skin.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have a mini (240v) travel iron (used on EHU only) and it's better than nothing but not great. A site with laundry facilities or a launderette that offers an ironing service is your best bet I think. For some stuff hanging it up in a steamy shower or even hanging it over a boiling kettle works :)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
I think we have one at our shop it would be used as we do house clearances its in a box so proberley not had much use but I can have a look on tuesday when I am there if you are interested and it is a travel iron 12 volt I haven't looked at it
Properly I can bring to shell I will let you know if you are interested .jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back