LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I have just had a letter saying that mh not taxed, bad boy pay penalty fine of £40 now or £80 later plus back tax of £13.75 i can not remember having a reminder. So went online to pay....NO got to go to PO as it is PHGV. so go to post office and pay for tax but cant pay fine as that has to be done via phone or post. I asked about reminder and she said happans a lot with phgv she thinks they dont send out reminders as it is hgv. Is she right? anyone else had same problem since changing for plg to phg?
Steve

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I don't think you can rely on reminders :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
we had a reminder sent for our PHGV and paid online ..you can pay online by just putting in your reg number.... no need for reminder

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I don't think you can rely on reminders :-(
I have recieved reminders for my cars and bike and put them on DD so they are sorted would have done the same with mh but will have to wait for a reminder if i get one next time.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Download the app MOT reminder
You can put in the details of as many vehicles as you like with dates for servicing insurance tax etc
It reminds you at 28 and 5 days to expirey
EDIT
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mot-reminder/id528940660?mt=8

Like so
image.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
is yours classed as heavy goods?

Yes.

I think they cock up on the reminders across the board. No particular class is singled out. I didn't get one this year for one of my cars.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know what PHG stands for , but I didn't get a reminder for mine.... I went online and it wouldn't let me renew on line either ... no explanation. . other than Go To Post Office ..... I went to post office and they said they didn't know why I couldn't get it online and she went online and did it ... about sixty seconds.

Sorry about your fine, Steve. :(

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All mine are set up for annual direct debits now. Did them all online with no problems.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
All mine are set up for annual direct debits now. Did them all online with no problems.
Thought about that but decided against as there are periods when it is SORNed.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Don't know what PHG stands for , but I didn't get a reminder for mine.... I went online and it wouldn't let me renew on line either ... no explanation. . other than Go To Post Office ..... I went to post office and they said they didn't know why I couldn't get it online and she went online and did it ... about sixty seconds.

Sorry about your fine, Steve. :(
Private heavy goods

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Put a sticker on the inside of your windscreen with expiry date on it. BUSBY. Sorry about your fine.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Had a reminder for the van in June (phgv) but no reminders for our 2 cars.
I think dvla are just losing the plot now........

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Reminder received for our mh. It's sitting on the coffee table as I debate whether to SORN it or not.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I had my small motorcycle on SORN and they fined me a £100 because the SORN had EXPIRED. the tax was only a few quid but it was all in bits at the time The new system is designed to get you to miss renewals and get more money in in fines, same with the others insurance MOT all on line and sod all to see to know how they are in date on not.
Just sold a car which was taxed and insured. Tax comes back automatically, but the insurance want £50 to cancel it AND THEY KEEP THE REST OF THE PREMIUM until expiry time Talk about scammers. keep the premium and charge you to cancel the policy, which is a legal requirement to take you off the MID listing or someone else could be driving on your policy but not covered.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Safest to pay insurance by DD then i think. BUSBY.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Sorry for your troubles. I got my MH reminder a few days ago and stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it until I read you're post I taxed it on line tonight. only hoping I get my C1 licence soon so we can use it. Pete

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
i say never do it on line . use your local post office .
in fact use it for as much as you can . when its gone and you need it you will wish you had .

Our local post office (4 miles away) didn't do VED. We now have a mobile service which is a bit hit and miss (still 4 miles away - no public transport of course), still no VED service. The nearest post office that does VED is 8 miles away in the opposite direction (still no public transport) so I do mine by DD online.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I have phoned dvla to pay my fine,----------Sorry due to industrial Action this service is closed please try later.
:swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I have just had a letter saying that mh not taxed, bad boy pay penalty fine of £40 now or £80 later plus back tax of £13.75 i can not remember having a reminder. So went online to pay....NO got to go to PO as it is PHGV. so go to post office and pay for tax but cant pay fine as that has to be done via phone or post. I asked about reminder and she said happans a lot with phgv she thinks they dont send out reminders as it is hgv. Is she right? anyone else had same problem since changing for plg to phg?
Steve

Hi Steve
I have just been re-reading you're original post. Do I take it the fine was automatic has you had not taxed the MH, or sorned it, and not that you got caught on a camera of some sort ?. If so it's a crafty way of raising more money from motorists. Lets face it we can all go over in error our car was due for tax & mot in March while we still in Spain I did both on my return in May. Pete

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Birthday-Reminders.com are a free reminder company, I have used it for years for all sorts of reminders. You get a warning seven days and then three days before the event.(y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi Steve
I have just been re-reading you're original post. Do I take it the fine was automatic has you had not taxed the MH, or sorned it, and not that you got caught on a camera of some sort ?. If so it's a crafty way of raising more money from motorists. Lets face it we can all go over in error our car was due for tax & mot in March while we still in Spain I did both on my return in May. Pete
From the .gov website - https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-road-notification

Penalties
You’ll automatically be fined £80, will need to buy vehicle tax and must pay any tax arrears if you don’t make a SORN when you have to.
You could also get a county court judgement against you, be fined a minimum of £1,000 and be liable to prosecution.

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Hi Steve
Yes, the tax expired, i did not renew as i didnt know it had/was expiring so was using an untaxed, unsorn vechile on the road if i had known then i would not have happaned, but i fall right into the trap. pay up or ......pay up. so fine is £40 now or leave it for a month and it £80. plus the back tax £13 then retax for year £165. so the £100 i saved changing for plg to phg has been lost this year.:cry::cry::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back