Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
just thinking at this stage at getting one of these with a view to maybe getting a trailer and towing it on back of motorhome sometimes. Looks a fun car. Anyone got one ? Any good or bad points.? Not got tons of money so an old one of about 2.5k I'm looking at

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have a Brabus Roadster 10 years old and 18k on the clock but great fun to drive. Some people say they leak in dodgy weather and that the ECU fills with water but ours has hardly ever seen rain so not sure.

Martin

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not overly quick, but that's not the point of them, small, light, fun to drive, questionable gearbox though, can be fitted with Suzuki motorbike engines for extra go.

I think the coupe is better looking and the roof still comes off.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I have a Brabus Roadster I am trying to get rid of. Yes ECU did fill with water!! Not helped by someone slashing the roof in two places, attempting a break-in. Whole roof + folding mechanism had to be replaced. Tried for two years now to get it running properly, due to another fault with the alternator. If Engine is running fine the battery does not charge, and when battery does charge, the ECU seems to limit engine revs! However great fun to drive, but extra-low-profile tyres are expensive, and wheels prone to damage. Also very hard ride.
John

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Don't know how agile you are but suggest trying to get in / out before purchase

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I have a Brabus Roadster I am trying to get rid of. Yes ECU did fill with water!! Not helped by someone slashing the roof in two places, attempting a break-in. Whole roof + folding mechanism had to be replaced. Tried for two years now to get it running properly, due to another fault with the alternator. If Engine is running fine the battery does not charge, and when battery does charge, the ECU seems to limit engine revs! However great fun to drive, but extra-low-profile tyres are expensive, and wheels prone to damage. Also very hard ride.
John

That's not the best advertisement for a sale I've seen john

Oct 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadcruiser PVC
Exp
Since 2011
We've had 2 over 3 years or so. First was a standard Roadie, replaced after a year or so by a Brabus which went like the proverbial off a shovel ☺. Both had electrical issues at times.; they all leak from windows and windscreen scuttle - that's just a fact of life !

You need to be a contortionist to get in and out but once in they are surprisingly comfortable.

Great fun to drive when they work but best as a toy rather than a daily driver. Mrs Hughman gave up on hers in the end and traded in for a Fabia VRS. Doesn't look as nice but everything works ☺

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back