Rain stop play? Not when you've got a MH (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We're heading off to the Tunnel in the morning.

Original plan was to head across to Britany, however the weather forecast is not brilliant

Plan 2 was to go to the Italian Lakes in the footsteps of @Judgemental, however over recent days the weather forecast has forced that trip to be postponed until the spring

Back to the drawing board....

Plan 3 was to go to the Alsace, until about an hour ago when the weather forecast again showed the rain was on its way.

So we're heading towards Bordeax, in search of some late summer sunshine. The forecast is promising and the temperature is a good few degrees warmer than Britany.

No firm plans, but I've got my France Passion book, and the Campercontact App on my phone.

Let the good times roll!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We're heading off to the Tunnel in the morning.

Original plan was to head across to Britany, however the weather forecast is not brilliant

Plan 2 was to go to the Italian Lakes in the footsteps of @Judgemental, however over recent days the weather forecast has forced that trip to be postponed until the spring

Back to the drawing board....

Plan 3 was to go to the Alsace, until about an hour ago when the weather forecast again showed the rain was on its way.

So we're heading towards Bordeax, in search of some late summer sunshine. The forecast is promising and the temperature is a good few degrees warmer than Britany.

No firm plans, but I've got my France Passion book, and the Campercontact App on my phone.

Let the good times roll!

You may as well sell the house as your never there!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Just back from France. St Emillion weather was great earlier in the week.

We headed down to Biarritz after, then back up. I wished we had stayed down that way as the weather was much better.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If you have not yet seen them Dunes du Pyla are amazing, southwest of Bordeaux

We also found Twin Lakes a useful stop off camp site

Looking forward to trip updates (y)

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We're down Valras Plage and the weather as not been great the last two days, but looking better for the coming week, in saying that just got back from the bar was sitting outside and still in the 20c 's so can't moan.

Deleted User
We've been around Canet, St cyprien, Argeles the last cpl of weeks and it's been spot on.

You always get 1 storm per week due to the adjacent mountains, but apart from that it's been scorchio (y)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I shall be watching the weather forcasts with interest. I`m hoping to do first France trip since aquiring Hymer and planned on Brittany (mid Sept) but would really like some sunshine so we too may end up heading further south. Trouble is I only have a week :(
Can`t go too far in that time !

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you have not yet seen them Dunes du Pyla are amazing, southwest of Bordeaux

We also found Twin Lakes a useful stop off camp site

Looking forward to trip updates (y)
Thanks David - have added to our itinerary!

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We're down Valras Plage and the weather as not been great the last two days, but looking better for the coming week, in saying that just got back from the bar was sitting outside and still in the 20c 's so can't moan.
Are you going to the Carmarge while you're there?
We went a month ago and it was great, went via Provence, where the Vertus wine was great
Enjoy!

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What a coincidence, it was already on my list. Should arrive there on Monday providing our plans don't change en-route. Please leave some wine for us!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back