Finally made it to France our first time (1 Viewer)

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Well good news me and the wife have made our first trip to France arrived this morning after a long drive down to the tunnel from Edinburgh and at this moment in time sitting here in Luxembourg :) after reading lots of tips and opinions here on fun we decided just to wing it for the next 3 weeks heading for Italian lakes for a couple of nights and work our way back up through France and get a couple of Aries under our belts ;)

Here's to motorhomefun, Cheers :cheers:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Have fun, BTW Luxembourg is not in France :D:D

Where are you staying tonight? Aires are great but very varied (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonA4000
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hot on your heels leaving from Glasgow next Thurs ...Been a looooong 2 yr waiting :)

Just give yourself plenty of spare time to get down to the tunnel! Google said 7.5 hours and that was driving through the night but with several diversion on the A1 due to roadworks it taken 9.5 hrs with 20 minutes to spare with the last check in ;)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just give yourself plenty of spare time to get down to the tunnel! Google said 7.5 hours and that was driving through the night but with several diversion on the A1 due to roadworks it taken 9.5 hrs with 20 minutes to spare with the last check in ;)
Cheers Don..Travelling halfway to Doncaster 1st night.

OP
OP
DonA4000
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Have fun, BTW Luxemourg is not in France :D:D

Where are you staying tonight? Aires are great but very varied (y)

Came to France first though ;) also was trying to talk the wife into a detour to the trade show at Dusseldorf but not having any success with that one :)

We're staying at acsi site Nommern

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just shoot through to Trier and the Mosel and head North along the river to the Rhine and then keep going North to Dusseldorf (y) Lots of great Stellplatz on the way

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Well good news me and the wife have made our first trip to France arrived this morning after a long drive down to the tunnel from Edinburgh and at this moment in time sitting here in Luxembourg :) after reading lots of tips and opinions here on fun we decided just to wing it for the next 3 weeks heading for Italian lakes for a couple of nights and work our way back up through France and get a couple of Aries under our belts ;)

Here's to motorhomefun, Cheers :cheers:

As Mr Punch would say....
"That's the way o do it!!"
(y)

OP
OP
DonA4000
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Well its been lovely weather here today and the sun is still shining, had a very nice woodland walk and decided to just relax for today, thanks to another thread here on fun our relaxing time has been so much easier with a few funster's recommending the lafuma chairs, lovely :)

OP
OP
DonA4000
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Just wanted to share, that so far the trip has been a great eye opener and we're now in Switzerland (Luzern) which is a beautiful city, we also stopped at Obernai on the way down was also a beautiful town.

I'd like to put out a Big Thanks to Hydrocell a fellow funster who in another thread offerd a mini guide/route to Lake Garda which I jumped on and asked if I could have a copy too ;) Thankfully he did and it's given us some great stops which we may have never seen, me and the wife are very greatfull.

One of the best decisions I've done was to join motorhomefun a world of information and members happy to help :wink:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
If you're in Luxembourg you've overshot France. Need to slow down. :)

That's ripe coming from you DBK, the first time I remember you touring Europe you nearly met your self coming back :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back