Chausson motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
i am looking at maybe changing and am impressed with the flash 610.Has anyone any experience of these please and also are there any decent dealers in the Yorkshire area who can be trusted to buy from

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Any motorhome salesperson will be your best friend until the deal is done! Not found one yet that really knows their product so need to double check anything that you are told & get in writing. It's how well they deal with any problems that shows their true colours & from our experience we couldn't recommend a dealer to buy from. We are pleased with our Chausson (especially with the Ford Transit cab & engine) but they are a mid range motorhome built to a price point so fixtures & fittings are not as durable as in some of the premium brands. Bought at the right price with the right spec. they are imho good value. If buying new suggest visiting the NEC Show in October as there are staff from Chausson, France (best source for accurate info.) as well as all the models & UK dealers. Even if buying used, having a chance to try out all the makes, models & layouts will give you a clearer idea of what might suit you best. If you are an experienced motorhomer you probably know all this but even if so hope it helps someone reading this thread.

OP
OP
Camper634
Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks wobbles.The fact they are only a mid range brand isn't a concern to me.I have had previous so called high end makes which had bits constantly dropping off,and yet my present entry level(still £40000 plus)has been almost faultless.Unfortunately the layout I am looking for isn't available from the "budget"manufacturer.Have been impressed by the Chaudson and my decision is not solely based on price,more on style.Chausson dealers do seem very scarce especially around my neck of the woods.The nearest is Lowdhams but have heard mixed reports about them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
All I know is a german dealer I trust dropped the franchise due to the amount of problems with Chausson vans. Buyer beware?

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Not relevant to you purchase I know but am still very happy with my 15 year old Chausson which seems to be hanging together pretty well for its age,obviously would sometimes prefer something newer but can wait till it starts to fall apart!! Bit like me I guess :(

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try dropping Stella @Broken Link Removed
terry

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I had a Welcome 76 good van no problems at all, other than the fridge but they are fitted in most vans. loved the van only swopped has the small euro lounge didn't suit. other than that fine vans. Pete

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hi try dropping Stella @Broken Link Removed
terry
http://compasscampers.co.uk/

trading from

Barnsley depot
Address: c/o Carlton Caravan Storage, Boys Yard , Shawfield Road, Carlton Industrial Estate , Barnsley , GB

Contact Details
c/o Carlton Caravan Storage
Boys Yard
Shawfield Road
Carlton Industrial Estate
Barnsley
S71 3HS

Opening Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 6 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8 am - 1 pm

Please Note:
Clients are required to make their way to and from the Depot

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
No problems with our Chausson other than the usual maintenance to fixtures and fittings.
We love ours, there's very few vans that will do an Alpine Winter with no mods other than a bucket under the waste valve.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Never owned one
But they look fine for the entry level MH.
WeI spent a night on a aire with a french family
They where very impessed with Chausson.
And they had 4 kids.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have a 510, which is the same as a 610 but no garage. We have had no major problems at all with it. A little niggles but all sorted by a great dealership in Highbridge somerset. Love the layout and huge living space. We looked at all makes and felt that some of the higher spec ones were not to our taste. The 510 felt modern and an open feel to it. The electric bed and table are used in lots of manufacturers so they can go wrong but not chaussons fault. You just have to have the instructions with you reset it.

Overall very impressed and would not hesitate to buy another Chausson. The only reason i would change mine is to get a garage and maybe have living space as well as the bed. But that means a much bigger van.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We have a 510, which is the same as a 610 but no garage. We have had no major problems at all with it. A little niggles but all sorted by a great dealership in Highbridge somerset. Love the layout and huge living space. We looked at all makes and felt that some of the higher spec ones were not to our taste. The 510 felt modern and an open feel to it. The electric bed and table are used in lots of manufacturers so they can go wrong but not chaussons fault. You just have to have the instructions with you reset it.

Overall very impressed and would not hesitate to buy another Chausson. The only reason i would change mine is to get a garage and maybe have living space as well as the bed. But that means a much bigger van.

Hi
Yep that's why I changed. We now have a large fixed bed over a large garage, and a caravan style lounge to the front. Pete

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Love our chausson. . Massive garage .. nice and winterised good layout with fixed bed. Only problem we had was the truma .. fixed under warranty .. ish.
Fixtures and fittings are pretty solid imho.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Happy Chausson owners here as well. Ours is the Welcome WS. The small dinette / lounge is our compromise for the huge garage..... might swap to a 610 at some point but then with a reasonable size drive away awning with comfy chairs the small lounge isn't that much of a problem.

Knowepark in Livingston are our nearest dealers and I think Tyne Valley do them as well - both a fair step form you though.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I'm interested in looking at one of these too. Are there any dealers striking distance from Norwich might have one?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back