Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Over on the "dark side" at the mo', there is an interesting thread regarding the requirement to fit marker boards to the rear of vehicle (or combinations) over 12 meters in length.
From what i can make out, the requirment is simply for red and yellow diagonal marker boards. What surprised me, was that I couldn't find reference to the requirement for wording, eg Vehiculo Longo (sp).
Any ideas?

Ta:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
red n yellow diagonal upto 13mtr.long vehicle over 13mtr. but could be red with plain yellow centre ifbuilt after 95.can be used earlier as retrofit. dont need longo if reg ,uk. its amazing how many upto 7.5 ton have the diagonal ones on but shouldnt .

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Over on the "dark side" at the mo', there is an interesting thread regarding the requirement to fit marker boards to the rear of vehicle (or combinations) over 12 meters in length.
From what i can make out, the requirment is simply for red and yellow diagonal marker boards. What surprised me, was that I couldn't find reference to the requirement for wording, eg Vehiculo Longo (sp).
Any ideas?

Ta:thumb:

Hi,, I was for warned by a friend who lives in Spain,, and anything that sticks out behind a motohome/caravan ie Bike rack/extra storage box etc must have a chequered board.

And anything deemed long (????) I suppose that is where your 12 mtrs comes in,, must have a long vehicle sign,, I dont know about the "Vehicula Longo" bit though. Ours is 14. summat long.

I had the (see photo) made up and stuck it onto a bit of PVC facia boardcut to size and the 2-3 inch right angle ofthe PVC board was long enough to drill a few holes and fix to the top of the bumper/hose holder.

Hope this helps..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
mo. if you are over 13mtr.and your vehicle is newish visit your local truck spares shop. get the proper item not very expensive. i think the one you made is ilegal anyway .you need 2 short ones or one long one. there is specific measurmnts for all these things. we must keep within the law sometimes bending is allowed but your pics tell me your licence is valuable to you. shame i cant use a computer fully as i have all the traffic laws etc here , one dayi,ll get the hang of it. :thumb:give u 5.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
From the CC site

Large outfits in Spain

If you are travelling to Spain and the total length of your car and caravan or motor home is over 12 meters in length you need to have 2 yellow (with a red outline) reflective stickers on the back of the vehicle.

The dimensions of the stickers must be 25cm wide and 50cm long, they must be placed symmetrically each side at the back of the caravan/motorhome between 50cm and 150cm off the ground. The stickers cost approximately £20.00 for a set of two.

These stickers can be purchased from:

Raymac Ltd
Prospect Works
Showfield Lane
Malton
North Yorkshire
YO17 6BT

E-mail: sales@raymac.co.uk

Telephone: 01653 600 015

Link Removed

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
nice one jim, new ones come without writting for long vehicle. its the rules here as well not just spain. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, lookback. you ought to hear my spanish , you,d think my arabic was perfect. looks better if i write it in arabic , swiggle, swiggle.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back