Apr 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Getting more experienced each trip
hi all
Fitted air-suspension last night and have a question for those of you who use it.
Do you let the pressure out when you are not using the van or leave it pumped up?

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I was advised to leave at least 2bar, otherwise the bellows could split

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
hi all
Fitted air-suspension last night and have a question for those of you who use it.
Do you let the pressure out when you are not using the van or leave it pumped up?
Hi thinking of having it fitted to my autotrail was it expensive?

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
The data for my air suspension states that you must have at least 1 bar at all times. I leave mine at my 'normal' running pressure.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Cannot see the point in letting it down, you only have to pump it back up next time.
Minimum Dunlop recommend is 1 bar and I can see that, as to remove all air would allow the bellows to collapse and rest on each other, and if left for some time could they stick together?

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I leave our VB air suspension inflated, and instructions say not to drive under .5 bar.

On our last van I fitted Dunlop A/S from Marcle leisure and the instructions said that you must release air pressure if jacking vehicle up at the rear.

The instructions with our VB suspension doesn't mention this.

John.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I leave our VB air suspension inflated, and instructions say not to drive under .5 bar.

On our last van I fitted Dunlop A/S from Marcle leisure and the instructions said that you must release air pressure if jacking vehicle up at the rear.

The instructions with our VB suspension doesn't mention this.

John.
It would make sense to do so otherwise the air bags may over-extend. Assuming you're jacking the body rather than the axle of course.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I fitted it myself and it cost ÂŁ440.00 with compressor and gauges from TL TECH

Same here (except from Marcle) - a really easy job (as long as fit, healthy and can crawl around under Moho) and interesting too. Works superb on our Autotrail Apache 700 - instant benefits all round.

Don't think I could go back to one without it. Shame you're in Halifax, if you were down this way I would do it for you.(y)

Leave ours at running pressure between trips but drop it down to about 2 bar when laid up. Agree, if jacking don't let axle weight 'hang' on air bags/spring travel.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I have the Goldschmidt system with onboard compressor already fitted(8 months before) when I bought the van and usually leave it minimum 2 bar then when the m/bike goes on the back ,put it up to 3.5bar quite a cumfy ride at that :)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I fitted mine at the weekend. It was really easy to fit even to the mercedes chasis. I had at least 3 funsters offering advice @drago35uk @Ockerron and @mitzimad all of them laying on their backs doing various things whilst I looked at it.

What amazed me was the difference on the way home, much stiffer ride home really good and well impressed. Mine are from the Czhek repulic, ÂŁ259 for the full kit, no compressor but you don't need one, blow it up and leave it. ;)

any one want's advice on fitting, ask away. I'm an expert on the subject:mad::pinocchio:

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Never had it less than 1.5 bar since we have had the van (though that is only a little over a year). No plans to lay it up for more than a fortnight so that issue, hopefully, will not arise.

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
What amazed me was the difference on the way home, much stiffer ride home really good and well impressed. Mine are from the Czhek repulic, ÂŁ259 for the full kit

Paul do you have a link for where yours is from, also did you sort your stairs out?

Karl

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Yes Karl, Stairs all done, I project managed it myself just got nikki finishing the decoration. ..mine were from eBay

Broken Link Removed

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
[QUOTintrested were did you wire the compressor into?="Trikeman, post: 1529410, member: 22516"]Same here (except from Marcle) - a really easy job (as long as fit, healthy and can crawl around under Moho) and interesting too. Works superb on our Autotrail Apache 700 - instant benefits all round.

Don't think I could go back to one without it. Shame you're in Halifax, if you were down this way I would do it for you.(y)

Leave ours at running pressure between trips but drop it down to about 2 bar when laid up. Agree, if jacking don't let axle weight 'hang' on air bags/spring travel.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)[/QUOTE]
Very I

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
1532316, member: 29917"][QUOTintrested were did you wire the compressor into?="Trikeman, post: 1529410, member: 22516"]Same here (except from Marcle) - a really easy job (as long as fit, healthy and can crawl around under Moho) and interesting too. Works superb on our Autotrail Apache 700 - instant benefits all round.
Hi very intrested were did you wire the compressor into?
also did you fit the compressor under the seat.
looked at the site but there pitctures are not very good.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)[/QUOTE]
Very I[/QUOTE]
Hi somthing went wro

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Were did you pick up your wiring was there some under the seat?
did you fit the compressor under the seat also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back