buzzer (1 Viewer)

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Help I have a buzzer in my glove box (Ford Transit Herald Aragon) it come on about a week ago intermiten but yesterday it came on for ages I have checked all the usual oil water ect I followed the wire there is a relay and feses with heavy red wire it ony works with the ignition on and its not ford wiring MARK

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Buzzer?

Is it for your step? I have a cut out switch in the glove box to stop someone retracting the step whilst stationary on site, and also there is a buzzer behind the glove box which tells you when the step is out if you turn on the ignition, this is a little intermittent as the switch sometimes sticks closed.
ATB
DaveT

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Mark

Our motorhome was fitted with a buzzer to tell you that the step was still out. Not long after we got it, this started coming on intermittently while driving. I eventually disconnected it from the step and removed the buzzer unit as everything I tried to fix it failed.

May not be the same problem but it's worth checking...

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mark

We don't have an electric step either, but there is a micro switch fitted to warn you if you drive away with the step in the out position. I suspect that the switch may be dirty, a good clean of the micro switch with WD40 may solve the problem.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
also mark, if you have any external lockers, check them as well. We used to have a buzzer fitted to an external locker so you dont drive off with it open, however, it was always playing up. I disconected it in the end:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
this is so cool thanks ....I would never i thought of any of that I will let you all no

OP
OP
M

mark91068

Free Member
May 5, 2009
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
buzzed off

:thumb: just a thank you to all that helped the dodgy step sensor was the problem :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back