Topping up with LPG Chichester/Portmouth area (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Travelled over from New Forest this morning calling at 2 garages shown on my Fill-LPG app only to find neither now sell LPG. We would like to fill up before catching overnight ferry to St Malo Wednesday night. The warden here on the C & CC site at Chichester suggests Portsmouth Calor Centre at Voyager Park PO3 55F.

Any of you with local knowledge care to comment, we have all Wednesday afternoon to find some and do a grocery shop but don't want another wasted journey.

Many thanks in advance

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Shell - Fontwell
Arundel Road Fontwell West Sussex, BN18 0SB
Telephone: 01243 546000
Hours: 24 hrs / 7 days

Don't know of one closer, I would phone before setting off though.

Keith :cool:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I have filled up before at Voyager Park and it is only a few minutes away from the ferry.
There have been some reports of Shell depots refusing to fill Gaslow bottles but we had no problems.
It was two years ago though so maybe things have changed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We have noticed that BP garages seem to be stopping selling LPG from pumps. Tried to find out why and of course the staff on the ground know nothing. We believe they have sold their LPG interests. Does anyone know anything about this?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
According to LPG Erope app these two are the only two anywhere near your route just click on the links and they open in google maps.
I'd like to share with you: LPG http://bit.ly/14hLrvI

LPG Europe Broken Link Removed
goo.gl/gvnBrO
I'd like to share with you: LPG http://bit.ly/UvAnXt

LPG Europe Broken Link Removed
goo.gl/gvnBrO

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks MikeandCarolyn for the info I have now bookmarked that site.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
If all else fails, this is my local......... Griff

ps I can't believe there isn't one in the Portsmouth Fareham region. Google suggests there are two but I haven't used them, so I can't guarantee that.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Thanks everyone phoned the Calor Centre at Voyager Park and they do top up refillable systems on vans so will call Wednesday afternoon, for info it's 9 till 5pm only.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We have noticed that BP garages seem to be stopping selling LPG from pumps. Tried to find out why and of course the staff on the ground know nothing. We believe they have sold their LPG interests. Does anyone know anything about this?
somebody on here posted a link to the info on bp selling off their gas side a few months back

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
somebody on here posted a link to the info on bp selling off their gas side a few months back

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you're going to Europe why not fill up when you get there, its much cheaper and loads of service stations sell LPG/autogas?

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
If you're going to Europe why not fill up when you get there, its much cheaper and loads of service stations sell LPG/autogas?

OH is panicking a bit it's her first tour of France me I'm much more laid back and am looking forward to finding our way around topping up with gas and fuel. Keep them happy it saves the earache

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Think it is only some that have discontinued it. Our nearest LPG pump is a BP and they are still selling it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back