sat nav through radio /play music ? (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am sat thinking about things (dangerous;))
Question --I have a Relay van with radio/cd player that goes up and around TOP OF dashboard -big thing- so not sure if I can change unit which operates from buttons on steering wheel -OR is there a sat nav that can operate sound through the radio some how and could also play music again via radio from the card reader from sat nav ?
No idea if it can be done but I have just been reading about one of the truck (cheapo£40 ish) sat navs that sounds like it may do what I want it to do but not sure if it will do it or not ?
Got to be better than paying a fortune for a replacement unit for the relay that plays memory sticks and does not then operate via the steering wheel buttons -Can anyone advise if it can be done please ? or is my brain telling me lies /simple solution :LOL:
terry
edit hope you can understand what I want to do

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I tried yesterday to play the radio through my Chinese sat nav but all I got was the directions through speakers. You can add music snd play that though.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I tried yesterday to play the radio through my Chinese sat nav but all I got was the directions through speakers. You can add music snd play that though.
Hi Sandra do you mean I can add music to the sat nav device and play it through the radio ?(y)
If so that is more or less what I want to do play music from a card/stick without having to change the whole Relay unit (y)
I could simply set a sat nav up through the player and a different one to actually work as a sat nav OR IT MAY BE POSSIBLE FOR THE ONE SAT NAV TO DO BOTH JOBS (y)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
You can also buy one of . I got one and it works! You just find an unused FM channel on your radio and the device links to it and plays anything from your phone.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You can also buy one of . I got one and it works! You just find an unused FM channel on your radio and the device links to it and plays anything from your phone.
Cheers Mags (y)That sounds even better --I have a old phone or two laying around so that may well save me having to buy another cheapo sat nav (y)
Does it have to plugged in all the time or recharged -just thinking if it needs a socket for the device and one for the phone then another for the sat nav -I can handle 3 sockets (y):LOL:
terry

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
It runs for a few hours before it needs a charge. It can be charged while you're using it too. I got one of those chargers for the times when I needed two things charging at once.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No probs I got a couple of 3 socket and 2 usb charging things from ALDI -one unit for around 4 quid ish (y)
terry
edit bit like this Broken Link Removed but with two usb one at 500 ma and the other 2000 ma for fast charging of phones etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back