Co ordinate codes ? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
In the Canping card acsi guide book it gives the coordinates as the pairs of numbers.

IE N 20 30 49 W 20 30 40

But our Garmin needs more numbers...

Using the All the Aires book it gives more numbers which go into the Garmin with no trouble at all.

Can anyone please explain what is going on ? It's as if the ASCI guide doesent give enough numbers and assumes we know what to do .

Thanks.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
you can select what format in the Garmin sat nav..look at handbook?

or let us know what model...This explains what to do:)

http://www.hember.ca/latlong/

Thanks.. It's a Garmin Nuvi 65 Lm

Being dyslexic meant I could not understand the link posted above.. All the talk of converting just left me dead in the water...

There is no handbook. It's all just log onto the Garmin website and again I don't understand it anyway.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
The numbers you show in your first post, are in the format, Degrees, Minutes and Seconds. Using the Judges link, set your Garmin to the selection at the top of the list at step 4. It should be happy with those numbers then.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks.. It's a Garmin Nuvi 65 Lm

Being dyslexic meant I could not understand the link posted above.. All the talk of converting just left me dead in the water...

There is no handbook. It's all just log onto the Garmin website and again I don't understand it anyway.

Do not worry you are not alone...have had Garmin since 2000 and still struggle!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
you can select what format in the Garmin sat nav..look at handbook?

or let us know what model...This explains what to do:)

http://www.hember.ca/latlong/

Mostest helpful post and link Judge... Still had to get my daughter to show me but hopefully I've got the jist of it now..

If you see an AS Kemerton lost round Derbyshire its me looking for La Rochelle in France ...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Mostest helpful post and link Judge... Still had to get my daughter to show me but hopefully I've got the jist of it now..

If you see an AS Kemerton lost round Derbyshire its me looking for La Rochelle in France ...

Ha ha ha!

Like I said I still depend on others....its no disgrace :)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Ha ha ha!

Like I said I still depend on others....its no disgrace :)

I feel no shame my friend.. I have been a fortunate person in that I ran a successful business for over 30 years.. So not completely daft.. But hell can it be frustrating trying to work out things on computers and other to me complex electrical devices. Today's multifunction remote controls like the one with our Avtex TV flumoxes me ! It took an age to work out which filed the USB works on for instance. Most would suss it in minutes where it can take me days.

I didn't help that I have to put zeros in where numbers are missing on one of the coordinate formats . But after a few practice runs I think I have it now.

Thanks again..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back