Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
When I first unrolled my Fiamma awning I assumed that the hinged arms would "lock" into a straight line when the awning was fully extended - I've found that this doesn't seem to be the case, in fact to make the awning taut I need to take it all the way out (at which point the arms still haven't straightened) then back a little, which tightens the awning. This still doesn't seem logical to me, every time I use it I wonder if I'm doing it correctly. The Fiamma user manual doesn't help. Am I making some basic error here?

Incidentally I've had the awning replaced as part of an insurance claim (I clouted the side of the MH on something solid in the Lakes last year) and the new one is the same as the old in the above respect.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
It is all as it should be. There are shock absorber units connected to each arm so that when the wind flexes the fabric, the arms can flex in and be pushed back again by the shock absorbers. If the arms were straight, the stresses would have nowhere to go other than to the mounting points on the van which would not be a good thing.
Hope this makes sense.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
It is all as it should be. There are shock absorber units connected to each arm so that when the wind flexes the fabric, the arms can flex in and be pushed back again by the shock absorbers. If the arms were straight, the stresses would have nowhere to go other than to the mounting points on the van which would not be a good thing.
Hope this makes sense.
Makes sense

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back