Parking at Albert Dock Liverpool (1 Viewer)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Morning all,

I'm off tomorrow on the boat from the IOM and I get into Liverpool at about 8pm. I've got a Britstops' pub earmarked on the Wirral about 14 miles away but I've heard motorhomes are welcome to stay overnight at the Albert Dock or King's Dock. I can't find a definitive and up to date answer on the web so thought I would ask if anyone knows?

Thanking you.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I stay the night at Kings dock I think it's the entrance just across from McDonalds. The security guy appeared with in 5 mins as I hadn't paid and told me if I paid I could stay over night and it would be quite safe as they monitor the CCTV all night. I can't remember the price I think it was about £10 bit expensive but really handy.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
See This Page from my web site under North West of England.

What a useful website! Why have never seen this before? Excellent stuff - thank you.

I think I'll make my way to King's dock and see what's what. I think I'd rather stay close to the port for the fist night so it would be really handy.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Slightly off-topic, but it looks to be about 2km from Albert / Kings Dock to the Passport Office on Old Hall Street on Google Earth. Can anyone confirm that it is quite walkable, please?

Thanks,

J

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Just in case anyone searches for this thread, I've rung the control room at King's Dock and they've confirmed that motorhomes are welcome to park over night there. It's £10 for 10 hours.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
See This Page from my web site under North West of England.
Just to update @GJH the gateway shopping outlet at Gretna doesn't allow overnight parking, we were there a few weeks ago and tried. The car park is also security policed all night so don't settle in thinking it's ok as they told us they will move you on

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I stayed a short distance out from the city centre on the coach and overspill car park for Goodiston Park (Everton football ground) when I went to see the 3 Queens early this summer. I found it either on CCinfos or CamperContact. Free, nice quiet area adjacent to pleasant park. Regular bus route. A couple of European vans there too. DON'T USE IT WHEN EVERTON ARE DUE TO PLAY.

DICK

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just to update @GJH the gateway shopping outlet at Gretna doesn't allow overnight parking, we were there a few weeks ago and tried. The car park is also security policed all night so don't settle in thinking it's ok as they told us they will move you on
Thanks. I'm actually surprised that King's Dock allows overnight camping as a site licence would normally be needed. One should always expect the default on private land to be no overnight camping.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks. I'm actually surprised that King's Dock allows overnight camping as a site licence would normally be needed. One should always expect the default on private land to be no overnight camping.

But surely Jackie will be overnight parking and not camping?

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I thought that the definition of camping is that there is more than just the vehicle tyres in contact with the ground (eg chairs, tables, etc). If you are correct then I assume that all HGV's with drivers sleeping inside are also camping.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Slightly off-topic, but it looks to be about 2km from Albert / Kings Dock to the Passport Office on Old Hall Street on Google Earth. Can anyone confirm that it is quite walkable, please?

Thanks,

J
Hi, Jackie yes it is a good walk,it will take you a good 20 minutes at a steady pace safest way is to walk along the front until you come to Water st.then head up there up to Town Hall go behind it and walk through Exchange Flags then though the arch this will bring you out opposite Old Hall st. where the passport office is at left hand side at the far end of the street.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I thought that the definition of camping is that there is more than just the vehicle tyres in contact with the ground (eg chairs, tables, etc). If you are correct then I assume that all HGV's with drivers sleeping inside are also camping.
That might well be the definition in other countries but it isn't in the UK. Camping using a caravan (towed or motorised) is defined as human habitation.

The laws regarding HGV drivers are different and recognise their different position.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi, Jackie yes it is a good walk,it will take you a good 20 minutes at a steady pace safest way is to walk along the front until you come to Water st.then head up there up to Town Hall go behind it and walk through Exchange Flags then though the arch this will bring you out opposite Old Hall st. where the passport office is at left hand side at the far end of the street.

Thanks for the info, Mike. I'll allow at least 30 minutes as my wife is somewhat slower than me.

J (for John) :D (y) :france:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back