A few Questions before its done and dusted (1 Viewer)

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Hi guys (& ladies)

We have just been to chelston and they confirmed our van would be thier Friday for us to give the final ok and finish the purchase, two weeks and we should be on the road.

Now stupidly i missed a couple things on the plus side for us and just wanted to confirm and ask you experts a couple questions to see if im going along the right lines so any help apreciated.

Van purchase Adria Izola A697 SL

The spec Says
Truma gas/electric hot water and heating

Does that mean its gas and electric when on hookup or does it mean gas and electric hot water but not heating when its on hookup?

Either way its a plus cause we thought it was just gas.

Next question it has the 104l fridge, the newer models with a switch clearly show 3 way but the older fridge just has a digital face no markings could anyone confirm its 3 way including electric hookup?

Ok nearly there, next

If the answers to the above are that it basically works on electric hookup as well as gas I'm going to dump the idea of a Gaslow system, its our first van not 100% its going to fit the bill exactly and want to hang on till we are certain before switching, plus we plan to be on hookup a fair bit so obviously its not so advisable or warrantied if it does work on hookup. Now I cant be sure but the guy in the accesorie shop said it would very lightly take a 13kg and a 6kg bottle so my plans are get a 13kg red calor and get a 6kg calor, get an adapter for the 6kg for the barbacue and basically run the big one and just keep the smaller one for a spare / barbi. I've found loads of links for the adapters to fill them but they are all out of date, plus i would rather go with one that someone can recommend, could somone please give me a link to the adapter that fills your bottle for an lpg pump, ideally the one thats meant to have a auto cutoff.

Ok thats it for a minute sorry to be a pain just want to be 100% before we stick the rest of the deposit down. Now on a side note before making this decision and stupidly without looking on the van and finding the gas locker is on the oposite side to the awning i was planning on a barbacue point, now im very lightly not going to do this, I have 6 meters of the 10mm (one length) gas pipe thats now not required, cost was about ÂŁ16 including postage, anyone thinking of gettitng one that might want it ? price will be a pint when we meet up?

If everything go's ok we should make the stratford do if we can still get our name down before it closes, but either way i'd bring the host to the next event were both going to.

Thanks everyone for your help so far, I'll certainly try and help out in anway i can.

Kevin

P.S if you read that lot and have nothing to say on the subject, hey feel free to offer up any other advice you can think might be handy before we hand over the last bit of cash :)

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi tinyk,

sorry cant help with the fridge but the heating/boiler appears to depend on model.

Truma c4002 gas heating with hot water boiler 12.5l
Optional Truma c6002 gas heating with hot water boiler 12.5l
Optional Truma c6002 gas/electric heating with hot water boiler 12.5l

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
hi tinyk,

sorry cant help with the fridge but the heating/boiler appears to depend on model.

Truma c4002 gas heating with hot water boiler 12.5l
Optional Truma c6002 gas heating with hot water boiler 12.5l
Optional Truma c6002 gas/electric heating with hot water boiler 12.5l

Nope that does seem to help, the only model listed with electric says electric heating, the spec on the Izola deff says Gas / Electric so it would seem to indicate the heating is electric also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
could somone please give me a link to the adapter that fills your bottle for an lpg pump, ideally the one thats meant to have a auto cutoff.

Hi

None of the filling adaptors have auto cut off.. this one has a check valve that prevents (allegedly) gas escaping if you forget to close the bottle valve.. personally I would prefer without.. if you forgot and tried to unscrew the adapter with the bottle open.. :Eeek:

Link Removed

hth

Jim

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Three currently available on eBay you pays you money and makes your choice.

Link Removed

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Thanks very much, that combined with the 24 hour LPG filling station I found just up the road from us is going to be ideal, considering its just an industrial unit with a Tank outside and you help yourself with a key I cant see them minding me filling my own bottles out of hours.

Regards

Kevin

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Upvote 0

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Tinyk, why ni
ot ring Chelston with your queries, they will know which model of heater it is.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Hi Dave

Very good advice and i could have asked today when i was their but never gave it a thought till i got home, and i will ask next Friday when i go back to check it out.

In my experience, if you ask the same question twice, get the same answer twice and once from someone you trust that has nothing to gain from the answer it is a fairly good chance you have the correct answer :thumb:

Thanks

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
[/COLOR]

from the above listing

ONLY FILL EMPTY BOTTLES, AND KEEP IN THE 87 % LIMIT

though the limit was 80% ?????

Calor apparently advise somepeople it is 87% I personally stick to the 80% rate better safe than sorry, besides a full bottle lasts me a month when used fulltime and I carry two, not likely to runout am I.

Upvote 0

chrissie

Free Member
Nov 13, 2008
Funster No
I have a Adria Izola S687SPG, if it's a new van I would assume it is mostly the same as mine. The water & heating will work on gas, electric or a combination of both. The heating on electric alone isn't really good enough for winter use but it's ok for taking the chill off the van & keeps it very warm if left on all night. The boiler has an electric element with 2 settings 900 & 1800 watts.
I fitted a 11 kg Alugas refillable bottle but the locker would probably take 2 x 13 kg bottles. I fitted the refillable system with the filling point inside the gas locker so I can remove it when I change vans. I also have a 6 kg bottle they gave me with the van I use as a backup & for the gas bbq, I was going to fit a exterior gas point but decided to just connect the regulator to the bottle when I need it. I have also recently bought the filling adapter from the one in the links off eBay. Although the first one they sent leaked through the non return valve I contactd the seller & he replaced it & refunded me the return postage. As far as I know there was only one of the fillers on ebay that is supposed to fill the bottle to 80%, there was a discussion about it but nobody seemed sure it would cut off at 80%. Easiest is do as suggested either only fill empty bottles then you know how much you can put in or weigh the bottle to find out how much to fill with.

The Izola is on the Renault Master, if it's new make sure that they fill in the paper work to get the warranty reset to the date of registration.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back