May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
Hello Everyone,

I took the plunge in March 09 and bought a new motor home to take the kids out and about on adventures. One thing I have noticed since having the motor home its like being part of a huge family, when driving fellow motor homers always wave or flash their lights to acknowledge you. Our maiden trip was down to Burnham-on-Sea where I learnt from many first time mistakes, in particular hose pipe connections I didn't have the correct attachment for the tap. A fellow motor homer seeing me struggling came to my rescue and let me borrow his tap connection (many thanks to that Gentleman), I have since acquired every tap connection I could possibly need.

I’ll say goodbye for now and look forward to our next adventure and meeting more fellow motor homers?

Lazydays

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hello Everyone,

One thing I have noticed since having the motor home its like being part of a huge family, when driving fellow motor homers always wave or flash their lights to acknowledge you.

Hi and welcome ..:Smile:

Indeed we are, and no matter where you travel, here or abroad, you will make friends..

We have met and made friends with people from all over Europe, you will never be lonely and if in trouble there is always a smiling face and a helping hand.. even when you can't speak the language.. good luck and bon voyage

Jim

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Lazydays and :welcome:welcome to MHFun.
Lots of friendly folk on here, any questions just ask away, someone will know the answer. For first hand advice why not attend an MHFun meet or rally, both you and your kids will be made welcome and you will have a great time.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have since acquired every tap connection I could possibly need. Lazydays

Mistake 1 - find you need something.

Mistake 2 - find you can't get up hills with all the junk you are carrying.

You know you are getting the hang of it when your garage starts filling and the MH gets lighter.

All part of the fun.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the fun, don't forget to check out the chatroom and check into the quiz on a Thursday night. Jim's Checklist and Destinations logbook are great value and useful Items to carry.
7d8bb0f6.gif

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi and :welcome: to the Fun side.

I bought a snap-on universal tap adapter from B&Q.................it even fits single faucet type taps..........cost £7.99 :thumb:

Boo

P.S Stay well left if you see me coming towards ya :winky:

M

MistyMurphy

Deleted User
Waiting for the day we can get back full timing

I have recently changed job and it means i have to reside in a cold old house.
we so miss the friendly faces you wake up to every morning surrounding you on fields around the country. The morning sun gushing thro, the windscreen as you open the blinds, and just the simple freshness as you open the awning and flop in that big lounger with the little pooch just 1/2 a step behind scrambling to get in the chair before you do.
The help we have had over the past few years has been tremendous since changing over to our RV the help has not been any less. we try to get away most weekends but at the moment I think I have an alternator problem, we returned from easter break in Cromer, drove about 70miles back home and turned off engine went into house came back 10mins later to take Rv to storage and the damn thing would not start. Had to jump start with my good old smart car. It did the same when i got to storage and had to jump start again.....
Has anybody got any advise.. its a ford engine 7.4 +lpg conversion I cannot get at alternator myself to remove so looks like trying to find local Ford truck place to have a go.Its a newish battery maybe 6months old thats all and it charges fully with battery charger but will not start engine.....help please if possible

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Has anybody got any advise.. its a ford engine 7.4 +lpg conversion I cannot get at alternator myself to remove so looks like trying to find local Ford truck place to have a go.

You've tacked this onto someone elses intro thread.

You might stand a better chance by going Forums American RV and click New Thread in there then all replies will be relavent - hopefully.

I suppose you have checked that the battery is indeed flat and not just bad connections ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back