So where shall I take the kids? (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
So my cast came off on Thursday, and I can see a very small light at the end of the tunnel (albeit I may need another operation). I'm still basically immobile, but am in ,a boot and hope to start building up strength in my leg. We're off to the Sunshine festival for the B/H later this month and then were planning to take a week after to spend our first whole week in the MH!

So, given that I'm not very mobile and walking far is out of the question (I can probably manage 1\3 mile on crutches), what I'd like is a campsite that has a play area for kids, pool perhaps, but most importantly, easy access to get places. Wales is our initial thought and following a search on here I stumbled across Broken Link Removed although at £36 per night it's not cheap.

So, all the funsters - what do you have for me, I'd love your recommendations. I have a 15 month old boy who loves charging at anything, and a 4 year old daughter who loves play areas. The missus would love to go swimming/beach and I, erm, am happy with a local pub that has good food and even better beer! As I said, I'd like to be able to walk about everywhere, oh a nearby shop too for supplies would be ace. Any ideas?

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Could try Somerset.

Unity farm, although it's a long time since it was a farm and prefers to be Unity Resort now, sand, (and sometimes the sea comes in) take your Mo Ho on the beach for the day, funfair, markets, carboots, swimming pool, pubs, entertainment for kids, bike hire, and fully serviced pitches so not far to go to fill up and empty (on your pitch) and bus stop outside the gate to Weston or Burnham

Www.hru.co.uk

Or in fact any of the other site on coast road, warren farm, Northern farm. All large commercial sites now.

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Broken Link Removed

Devon Cornish border!
How about this place we had a great few days here with the kids at half term it's a great place to tour about from.
There's free use of the facilities at the neighbouring resort,including a large indoor pool ,jacuzzi ,steam room ,restaurant and bar,there's even evening entertainment for the kids and adults in the Cabaret bar.
A short drive away is a kiddy fun park where after a reasonable admission charge everything is free it's called the Milky Way
http://www.themilkyway.co.uk
You can take your own picnic or use the restaurants ,we spent the whole day and loved it .
There are numerous good beaches in the area and loads to see and do.

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
These both sound great and I'd be up for it, I fear the missus may want a more 'traditional' campsite, but then she is a bit of a snob...! Only kidding, I'm forever trying to get her to go to Butlins or similar but she prefers a quieter type affair. I'll show her when she gets back.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
The pentirehaven site is a quiet traditional campsite with a small site shop and small outdoor pool ,It has no bar or clubhouse and has no connection with the Haven group. You can have the best of both worlds !
The complex next door cannot be heard and is a lodge only site no caravans or tents. My wife is not quite a snob however sometimes thinks she is a cut above and even she liked it!

Vlad

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Awesome!

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
@trekkin we're booked into hru. If nothing else there's loads for the kids which is the main thing. Are there (good) pubs and restaurants nearby that are close? Any recommendations?

@Vlad The Impaler next year Bude when I can walk and do a bit of surfing.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
billing aquadrome near northampton is very popular with families as loads to do for the kids. plus its not too far to travel for you as you convalesce

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
billing aquadrome near northampton is very popular with families as loads to do for the kids. plus its not too far to travel for you as you convalesce
Please do not go to Billing it will put your wife off motorhoming forever

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i was going to add billing is my idea of hell on earth, but then again your needs for entertaining kids is different to ours for peace and quiet

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Lol! Been to billing many years ago as we used to go to Santa pod 4/5 times a year +. One weekend we 'over did' it and stayed at billing before coming home the next day. The missus announced she would rather stay at home the next time! I think she's pretty keen on Brean actually, especially as she's driving it's only an hour from Malvern and then a 4 hour drive back which should be doable. I need to get my sky working on the satellite and then also find a couple of decent boozers and that i can walk (shuffle on crutches) and I'll be happy to!

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
@trekkin we're booked into hru. If nothing else there's loads for the kids which is the main thing. Are there (good) pubs and restaurants nearby that are close? Any recommendations?

No real restaurants , unless you call Wimpy one, but lots of pubs, mostly with sky so if it's on its on a Brean. Plenty of pub food though.
Kids will find lots to do, you will be luck to see them through the day, and for evening adult shows

Have a great break

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We stayed at a site in St Ives a few years ago called Polmanter ( I think).

Play area, pool, bar etc ( but unless things have changed avoid the food)

It was a pretty nice site with decent facilities and didn't have that awful Haven feel about it.

Edit - this is it http://polmanter.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back