Aug 8, 2015
West lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis advante 285
Exp
2 and 1/2 years of owning a motorhome.... 12 years owning a touring caravan
Hi sorry for yet another question.

If you have a tag axle motor home what type of levelling ramps and how many do you need?

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
I think, usually you'd just level up the front wheels so you can just get any ramps you want ;)

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you soon get used to which way any lean on the van you need .
you just drive around and see the lie of the land and either reverse or forward to suit . 9 out of ten times you will get it right . but sometimes its not quite but will do.
remember its nice to not be level then the fat /oil makes its own deep bit in the frying pan . ha ha .
but sometimes sloping this or that way assists the shower drain etc .
i gave in carrying leveling ramps years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Morning Michelle. You'll find that you're no where near has bothered about it being level as you were the caravan.
It's just a case of getting it somewhere near and grabbing a beer from the fridge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We have a tag axle and we use these we have a set of 2 they are not cheap but a great bit of kit.

Link

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Some thoughts here: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/levelling-a-tag-axle.32137/

You can just use a ramp under one of the rear wheels but it won't raise the vehicle as much as it would if there was a single wheel there. We have a pair of Thule ramps, light, reasonably compact and they raise the wheels higher than the Fiamma ones we had before which only lifted the vehicle a couple of inches, which wasn't much use.

Upvote 0

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We have a tag axle and we use these we have a set of 2 they are not cheap but a great bit of kit.

Link

They look interesting!

Can you tell me where you can get them in the UK please? I've googled but haven't had any success yet.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Unless the dead axle is at the front, you'll only need one pair ;)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Morning Michelle. You'll find that you're no where near has bothered about it being level as you were the caravan.
It's just a case of getting it somewhere near and grabbing a beer from the fridge.

You're doing that all wrong.

Get the beer out first. If it doesn't slide off the table you're level enough. (y)

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Wow - deja vu. I started that thread just before I embarked on my motorhoming adventure. ::bigsmile:

Over 4 years of fulltiming later, I can report that a pair of the Milenco Triples did the job just fine most of the time (only used on the front wheels). But have recently sold them and gone over to the new Milenco Tridents - height of the Quattros but with 3 larger 'cups' for the wheels. Would recommend them for larger-wheeled vans.

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I'm currently looking / thinking about Milenco Quattro levelers - seen some at show for 50 quid, but wife has my wallet, so have to talk nice......

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Wow - deja vu. I started that thread just before I embarked on my motorhoming adventure. ::bigsmile:

Over 4 years of fulltiming later, I can report that a pair of the Milenco Triples did the job just fine most of the time (only used on the front wheels). But have recently sold them and gone over to the new Milenco Tridents - height of the Quattros but with 3 larger 'cups' for the wheels. Would recommend them for larger-wheeled vans.

Broken Link Removed
I like the look of them and having larger pockets should suit 16" wheels better, unfortunately they're to big for my locker.

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well went to get them and............. all sold out, so if any member has a spare set of Milenco Quattro or wants to sell theirs I'm on the look out :(

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back